Jump to content
BeaconHill-kitchen-wip2.jpg
 

BeaconHill-kitchen-wip2.jpg


wormwoodz
 Share


I got back to work on the Beacon Hill, health issues forced me to take a break, then shortly after leaving the hospital I incapacitated my right hand and couldn't work on my crafts for a while... but I'm excited to get back to work and trying to finish up the kitchen area :) Working on the floor at the moment, I really like how the walls turned out.. tiles will follow the same color scheme: green, yellow, white, brown.

  • Like 4

From the album:

~ Beacon Hill ~

  • 16 images
  • 0 comments
  • 175 image comments

Photo Information for BeaconHill-kitchen-wip2.jpg

Taken with Apple iPhone 6s

  • 4.2 mm
  • 1/25
  • f f/2.2
  • ISO 200
View all photo EXIF information
 Share


Recommended Comments

So sorry you have been out with health issues.  It must have been so frustrating!  Glad you are doing better now.  I absolutely love the colors--they are so warm and rich.  And that little stove is absolutely beautiful!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

So sorry you have been out with health issues.  It must have been so frustrating!  Glad you are doing better now.  I absolutely love the colors--they are so warm and rich.  And that little stove is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks, indeed it was.. being stuck at home with only reading to ocupy my time lol. Trying to get back on track with my work now, luckily I had left all the components sorted and labelled :) The stove is really cute, it's a Bodo Henning from Germany I found in very good condition, this room doesn't have a lot of space for furniture sadly. Got a couple bare wood pieces I'll paint to match the walls, wish I could fit a round table too but it's just too narrow :/

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So glad you are back and feeling better. :)

This is looking lovely!.. I love the colours and I'm a big fan of Bodo Hennig. I just picked up a water heater and bath on ebay for a steal... Waiting impatiently for it to arrive in the post. :D

I've heard others say the Beacon Hill kitchen is small..maybe with regards to a table you could do a little banquet in the bay window? Not sure if there is enough room but just a thought. 

As always your trim work is precision and a pleasure to view. Can't wait to see more!

Link to comment

Does the Beacon Hill have a formal dining area?

If you want to keep it in the Victorian era, they usually had a rectangular 'scrub ' table' in the kitchen. Or, maybe even a drop leaf table if you want round?

I love the colors you are using, and I can't wait to see the flooring. You do beautiful work!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Samusa said:

So glad you are back and feeling better. :)

This is looking lovely!.. I love the colours and I'm a big fan of Bodo Hennig. I just picked up a water heater and bath on ebay for a steal... Waiting impatiently for it to arrive in the post. :D

I've heard others say the Beacon Hill kitchen is small..maybe with regards to a table you could do a little banquet in the bay window? Not sure if there is enough room but just a thought. 

As always your trim work is precision and a pleasure to view. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you! :) I am loving the colors as well, the exterior windows and trims will be the same shade of green so I think it will all match pretty nicelly. Their furniture is fantastic yes, very detailed and accurate. I don't have a lot of functional furniture for this scale yet, but I love bargain hunting too! It's easy to find vintage european pieces around here, sadly a lot of them have been played with so sometimes it's hard to find one in good condition.  

Indeed the kitchen in this house is very tiny, I've checked other houses for ideas but most people seam to struggle a bit fitting in furniture with all the windows and narrow walls. Cabinets would make it more space efficient but I am trying to stick to period furniture. Wish I had a bit more space for extra storage furniture, I can squeeze in a vertical cabinet at the back wall and a sideboard under the bay window but that's it. Add in a small sink and I don't have space left for an icebox, which is a shame :/

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Does the Beacon Hill have a formal dining area?

If you want to keep it in the Victorian era, they usually had a rectangular 'scrub ' table' in the kitchen. Or, maybe even a drop leaf table if you want round?

I love the colors you are using, and I can't wait to see the flooring. You do beautiful work!

Thank you! The Beacon Hill doesn't have a formal 'dinning room' per say, from what I've seen most people use the mid section entrance corridor for the dinning area. The portion after the entrance and stairs has a 'curved' wall that breaks into the larger room with the bay windows, on the original structure this space can fit only a small table and maybe a vertical cabinet but even so it's very narrow. In my build I have modified this area and made the corridor straight, to me it felt like wasted space that obstructed the view into the main 'living room'. So in my case I'm combining the living + dinning room, with this mod I can fit a 6 seat table + seating and make the dinning area look a bit more fancy. I suppose it's one of the downsides of this house, looks big from the outside but the rooms aren't very large. But on the bright side one can modify it to suit our purpose, I've seen some houses that had the corridor wall removed altogether, others with added extensions to the walls, some with greenhouse style add-ons and all looked really great! :)

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...