Re-build of partially constructed Pierce. First dollhouse since 1982! Dollhouse partially assembled with glue gun and wood putty. Porch floor was scored for floor board look and painted grey. Musty, dusty house that had been stored in a basement. At least it is dry!
This hobby began by me finding a dollhouse at a yard sale. During the time I had a created bakery at the bottom of my Emerson Row. I realized it was going to be very expensive to purchase all the goodies I needed. So...a new hobby was born.
This house was made by The Dollhouse Inc, division of Jarrell Enterprises in the 1980's: Jerry Jarrell was a local craftsman in Stone Mountain, Georgia These houses were completely assembled and shipped with the various Houseworks window & door components to finish it. This house has thick plywood walls and is almost 52" tall x 23" deep and weighs close to 100lbs! It is quite unique (and huge!) and I am looking forward to bringer her to life!
I'm finally getting back into the builds after the fire took out my old ones. It was so disheartening to have to start over from the beginning - but i can fix the things that I didn't love in the first build I suppose!
I've always wanted to do a Peter Pan inspired dollhouse/scene, but I guess I needed the right vessel.
I found this clock on the side of the road, and as soon as I realized the back panel comes off very easily, I knew the inside would be perfect to do my own version of Tinkerbell's Clock apartment from the movie Hook
Greetings and hello again.
Some of you may remember I started a few projects for my back yard.
I've finished a couple simple little projects and I'm always adding a few more when time and energy allows.
This thread will show you the progress so far.
Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the journey's on my tiny back yard world I'm slowly creating for radio controlled trucks.
Scale is 1/10th.
The bones for my first mini project is the manger for the nativity scene I grew up with. My dad made it in the early 80's, and a couple of years ago, it was falling apart and headed for the trash. Knowing that it was an unusually large and well-appointed manger, I scooped it up with the dreams of using it as my first mini project! My general plan is to make it a tiny but livable cottage with tape wiring by gently knocking out bits of walls here and there and adding back different ones with the general aim to make it bigger, airier, and less like a barn!
I've started with the kitchen, because I had the ambitious idea to add a dormer to the roof there, and wanted to try that out before I did anything more drastic. It went pretty well, and here are the results.