Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    John
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. So far, so good for me and my family here in Washington. My son and I purchased a 3D printer in January and it lives at my house, so I have been having a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, that fun has taken time away from the San Franciscan #555 I am building for my sister. I am mostly printing toys for my grandchildren, so it's not all bad. I am still looking for some dollhouse furniture/accessories I can print, but haven't found anything I like yet. Stay Well, John
  2. This will be a good thing. Thank you for this forum and your commitment to it. John
  3. I don't know about plywood. If you do try it, go with straight cuts only, and have an extra blade or two ready for if/when the first one breaks. John
  4. I have had my Maker for a few months now and I love it. I have used it to cut 1/16" and 3/32" basswood. I've had better luck with the 1/16", but that is mostly due to not taping the wood to the mat well enough and it wandered a bit so I had to cancel the cut. When I taped it better, it didn't wander. Also with 3/32", you need to extend the cutting passes because there is no setting for 3/32" basswood, only 3/32" balsa, so you have to force the machine to keep cutting to get all the way through the basswood. I was able to transfer patterns from Kris Compass' site, import them to Design Space and cut them out. I did that with the onion/potato bin and now I have a cut-out kit to build the bin with. I have imported other patterns but haven't cut them out yet. I needed some 3/4" wide siding for the addition I am building on my Duracraft San Franciscan so I had the Maker cut those out. I also used it to cut out additional doors for the SF. All in all it is a great tool and as I become more proficient with it I will use it more and more. John
  5. A recent conversation here mentioned the window upgrade for the Garfield. It reminded me that I have a full set of the Timberbrook Working Windows upgrade for the Pierce. I have decided to not use them on my Pierce because of the modifications I plan to do. So, they are available. I am including a couple of pictures of what I have. I believe that these will fit the Garfield also, but you will need a few more window for that. If you are interested, PM me for price and additional information. John
  6. What scale are you making your window seat in? I see your shapeways items are all in 1/3 scale.
  7. It looks like it will be amazing!
  8. PapaJKK

tower detail

I love it. The color scheme is very similar to what I am doing on my San Fran 555. I will use some of your detailing ideas. John
  9. I have had my Maker for only a couple months. I have cut out a couple of wood patterns from Kris Compass' tutorials, and I have cut out a couple extra door and window parts for my San Fran 555. I love it! John
  10. PapaJKK

San Fran 555 Build

Duracraft San Franciscan #555 I am building for my sister.
  11. I will be interested in seeing your progress, since I am currently building a San Franciscan #555. This one is for my older sister and I have another one in the box for my 8-year-old granddaughter. So will you start an album so I can maybe "borrow" some ideas? I intend to start an album for mine soon. John
  12. PapaJKK

Exhibition.jpg

What wonderful work you do. No, not work, artistry! Thank you for sharing.
  13. Well done. It is awesome. Can't wait to see more!
  14. This is all very much cool! For years I built 1:20.3 railroad models with the hope to have a garden railway someday. Then I realized I loved building more than I loved running trains. So now I build dollhouses and miniatures. Still love trains though. I will be watching your progress with great interest. John