Shhhh....Don't Tell Hubby!

Kitten

Don't tell him that he got me a MHM today, it's a surprise! :lol:

I'm so friggin' happy! Now I have the MHM, the San Fran, the Heritage and the Harrison.

I have to get one more house, but that one will be for my daughter's birthday. The original plan was for her to help me built the Harrison. But she's only 5 (she'll be 6 in November) and since I'm going to display the house once I'm done, I want it just right. So instead of letting her help me with that one, I promised her I'd get her a smaller one of her own that I'll put together for her. Then she can decorate it anyway she wants and actually play with it. I think she liked that compromise.

I've made quite a bit of progress with my Harrison. I've built the shell and stucco'd the outside. I had a bit of a time with trying to get the stucco on. Hubby said it looked like 'muck-o' vs. stucco :)

However, I finally got the hang of it and it's looking pretty good. I'm still doing some touch up on the outside and then I'll be ready to wire the house. Whenever I'm done and have the priviledges, I'll put up pictures of my progress.

So the Harrison is going to be a Bed & Breakfast Inn; my Heritage is going to be a Sewing/Crafts store; the San Fran will house a family of 4 and will be decorated in Victorian style and my Marquam is going to belong to single female heiress and will be adorned with modern decor. The MHM is going to be VERY glitzy and girly!

Congratulations on having such a thoughtful DH! :) Don't worry, I won't breathe a word of the secret. (Anyone who thinks "muck-o" is funny, deserves to have a secret or two sprung on them!)

What house are you getting for your little girl?

Thanks!

We did a little research the other day on the smaller GL houses and I think I'm going to get her the McKinley. Her request was a house that was big enough to have a LR, Kitchen, Mom & Dad's Room, a Nursery and a bathroom.

Whenever I'm done and have the priviledges, I'll put up pictures of my progress.
Shhh, Tiffanie, but I betcha you've made at least five posts by now, which means you can open an album in the Gallery. Why wait until you're all done to begin posting progress pictures? I use conventinal film in a disposable point&shoot camera, being digitally impaired, and I can still get mine posted without waiting until the whole build, etc, is completed. That way if there are glaring problems some kind soul is sure to point it outt to me so I can either rip it all apart and start over or bash it.
the McKinley hangs on the wall, right? ...but I don't think of that house being played with.
But there's no reason 1) that it HAS to hang on the wall and 2) that it cannot be played with. After I built the Arthur for DS#3 to give to her niece and she changed her mind when her littler nephew attempted to totally destroy it with his first "touch" she decided she really wanted to keep & play with it so I made her dolls for it; and then she got more dolls and decided she needed a bigger house for them so I built her the McKinley, which she LOVESS to play with! And she does allow her niece to play with the Arthur, VERY gently & supervised, since the seashell bathroom fixtures were thoroughly removed by said niece...

my Heritage is going to be a Sewing/Crafts store;

My Heritage was "Supposed" to be a Dollhouse shop. But "it " decided it just wanted to be a house.! I must tellyou I am not thrilled about the idea but It is kinda hard to argue with a house.! Ask Anyone here.

kellee

My Heritage was "Supposed" to be a Dollhouse shop. But "it " decided it just wanted to be a house.! I must tellyou I am not thrilled about the idea but It is kinda hard to argue with a house.! Ask Anyone here.

Maybe the new occupants will decide to start a home-based doll house shop and you can enjoy the best of both worlds. :)