1/24 scale house

debra

Hi all I need some advice..There is a 1/24 scale fantasy villa on offer here in Oz on ebay, she has started it at about $38, but I asked if she would do a bin for it and she will but at about $50 to $60, I looked up on the net and they sell for that in the states anyway. But the thing is not many houses of any type come up for sale here in Oz, and the ones I have bought are all from the states and the postage is nearly if not more than what the house is worth. I was wondering what you all think of thins scale house, it looks cute, and I really like it, but would I be biting off more than I could chew lol.

Help Please lol.... :blink:

House on the net

ebay house

Oops - I misread your post, thought you were looking for suggestions in general. I'll leave my response below in case you're interested. As for the Fantasy Villa - I haven't built it, but I think Tracy (My Mini Shop) has. She'll probably be in to tell you what she thinks of it. :blink:

I suggest the Fairfield, Greenleaf's half scale house. I am building one now -- my first experience in half scale -- and I absolutely love it. The house is a little complicated as it comes together but no worse than many 1" houses, and the result is so nice. It's not very expensive, either... usually retails around $60.

You can see pictures of my Fairfield in progress here. I can link to some pictures of finished Fairfields if you're interested.

Real Good Toys has some half scale houses but they're kind of plain-looking, to me. Here is a link to all of the half scale houses Miniatures.com has in stock. I'm not sure about shipping costs to you, but at least this gives you an idea of what's easily available. I have the front-opening Houseworks kit that's first on the list, haven't assembled it yet but I've seen it done up at my mini shop and it's gorgeous. I will start on it when (if?) I ever finish my Fairfield. ;)

Wait till you see the one I am finishing now (Fantasy Villa). I really love this house and everytime I build it I find a new way to make an extra room. This house is noce BUT, it is much harder to bash and to cover the gaps. There are some pretty big gaps so you will need LOTS of wood filler, for real. Once you get pass that though it'sa dream house!

I personally can't wait to do the fairfield. I want to build that one for my mother. She has one of the firts houses I built (about 10 years ago) and I glued the furniture down cause she asked me too (Now she fusses about it LOL)

This is a HUGE house but small enough because of the scale. I am hoping it will be something she treasures forever.

:blink:

Thanks for the replies, It is a Fantasy Villa, and she is going to do a bin for me of about $50 I think, so that is less than the new price, and shippingto me is much cheaper, as not many of these come up for sale in Australia. I can buy from the states but it takes about 3 months for them to arrive and the shipping to me is usually as much as the house it self. :blink:

The price looks really good!

Are you wanting to do a half-scale house primarily for the fun of the exterior or to furnish the interior? I've resisted the urge to do this house because I'm not really "into" exteriors. There's a heck of a lot of trim, and the rooms are few and oddly arranged.

For a house to decorate inside and furnish, the Fairfield is probably a better bet, but of course, you'd have to get one to Australia!

Hey guys that is the thing, they , as are any die cut house, very very hard to come by here in Australia, so it is a bit like when they come up you have to grab them..................................I have a friend who goes to the US a few times a year, and I am seriously thinking about getting him to bring baack a few each time.........

Deb.

Wait till you see the one I am finishing now (Fantasy Villa). I really love this house and everytime I build it I find a new way to make an extra room.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see, seeing as how I'll be adding one to my kit stash :blink: