See if you can track down a copy of "Making Dolls' House Interiors in 1/12 scale", by Carol and Nigel Lodder. It gives very easy to follow instructions, with line drawings and photos, for all kinds of furniture. A country kitchen (great chairs, cupboards, fixtures). Lots of kitchen stuff, plus other rooms' furniture. Sadly, there are no projects for the bathroom. (I hadn't noticed this until I was looking at the book to recommend it.)

Did you know that libraries will sometimes buy books that their members have requested?

Also, it took me two years of begging, but I convinced my local library to carry a subscription to "Dollhouse Miniatures". Check the library's magazines for mini projects.

How on earth do you manage to have a house ready every Wednesday? You're a miracle worker!

Thank you for the name of the book and the magazine I will check with my library about them right away.

Honestly, right now I spend about 8 - 10 hours a day on the houses to get them done. I also have three going at the same time so while the paint is drying on one I can be working on another, that sort of thing. They have taken over my house! I am loving it though.

What a lovely thing to do, and anonymously, too! I think anything you offer will be gratefully accepted, even if YOU don't think they're perfect. I think your houses are lovely, and I'm sure the children receiving them will think so, too.

Welcome to the forum, Ann. I wanted to donate the houses I built to the local elementary schools, but there's a hassle, so now I sell the "fancy" ones to buy supplies and have begun donating rehabs to Toys for Tots. I have found quite a few books on making mini furniture. Here are a kitchen table & chair I've made: post-8-1186060258_thumb.jpg

The chair was made from dowels & toothpicks & crochet thread.

Hi Ann :p Welcome to the forum. You are such a good person doing what you do. Loved looking at your pictures! So where in New York do you live?...I live in NJ

• 4 weeks later...

hello, and welcome!

what you're doing with the houses is a beautiful thing, in every sense.

looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects,

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ann, I've spent the better part of this morning going through your webshots pictures. I'm amazed at your work and the speed in which you work. Someone mentioned you being a 'miracle worker', I tend to agree. I can only imagine the smiles on those little one's faces. You're truly an inspiration! It's great to have you here.