My Country House

AustinHighRider

I decided to put off the little Vermont Jr. and try the Country House by Woodcraft. The main reason was because it looked so much like the Apple Blossom and I really liked what Gina was doing with hers.

I received the package today ... very fast... thanks, Tracy!

I was very excited about it and I think my dog sensed it because she just wouldn't stay away. She figured I was so excited about it, that it must be food, right?

I kinda put it together without glue just to see where the rooms are. No glue yet. I'm going to work on patterns wallpaper, first, I guess.

My idea for siding didn't work and I'm so embarrassed I even tried it, that I am glad I didn't say what it was. heh heh.

I let a friend take my digital camera off to on her vacation, but I'll take some pictures with the low res kiddy cam I have around here.

Lookinf good! It goes together pretty fast, doesn't it? My oldest daughter (10 years) has put this together and painted it as a gift to her friend. I gotta look for pictures (May not have uploaded them yet).

Nutti & I was talking yesterdat and I forgot about her toliet paper method for creating a stucco look. It would be the perfect scale stucco for this project too. She can explaine it cause she has actually done it. She has it in her lily blog I think. I'll go check.....

Hee Hee... hmmm... I have to try that just because. :)

I don't mind paying for the stucco/spackle stuff, but that kind of looks easier.

I'm glad now that I didn't get the plastic internet-bought tiling due to the notch bumps on the house. I think something else might work better.

Thanks for looking it up for me.

I have attempted some more pictures of the little country house so far. The pictures are not great. I can't wait till I get my "real" camera back and I'll take them again.

I don't like the TALL bottom floor at all, and don't know what to do about it right now.

I made the floors and most of the wallpapers on my computer by changing wallpaper/flooring samples on the net. On the first floor I added varnish, but haven't done it to the rest of them yet.

The house sits kind of crooked because I broke some of the little leg-notch things from the bottom, but I was planning on building some sort of platform to hide the electric stuff eventually.

I decided to leave out the stairs, but it was a hard choice. And I had measured where I want the lights with the stairs in, so... I'm not blocking off the holes yet, so the jury is not in.

post-2198-1184709110_thumb.jpg

post-2198-1184708968_thumb.jpg

post-2198-1184709204_thumb.jpg

post-2198-1184709174_thumb.jpg

Is the country house an available kit or one you can't get anymore? It looks nicer than the Apple blossom

I sell them on my website. The link is in my signature line blow. It's 1/2" scale not 1" scale though :p . The instructions are not written out, instead, they are by number which is tricky for some.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, my dog is a miniature schnauzer.

I have done a little with it. I've tp-stuccoed one section.

I have three problems with this house:

1. It's too big to fit where I want it to fit.

2. I hate that the bottom floor has such tall ceilings. It's crazy, but it bothers me like a psychic itch I can't scratch.

3. Also, when I made my shadow box, I realized I didn't like the wall paper I printed and made myself. I'd prefer something brighter... like scrapbook paper, even if it's out of scale.

But I still play with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...