Can't wait to start!!!

pasqui93

Hallo to averyone here in this lovely place called forum! My westville has not arrived yet from overseas and I'm completed absorbed by ideas, projects, and this desire to star and see what I can do.... :D I'm really curious!

I hope to find here some help along this adventure...

from you of course!! :wave:

Welcome to our little spot of dollhouse heaven! I am new also but this is such a great break from real life. There are lots of people here who can help you because they have already built the house you plan to build, this will keep you from making many mistakes and if you take care in building you will have a beautiful finished house.

Your excitement sounds normal to me, sometimes I can't sleep from trying to decide a color or a new way to put in the stairs.

Some things I used to do while I was waiting:

Gather the tools you might need so you will be ready when the house arrives. Sandpaper some sort of sealer or primer and an xacto knife and extra blades, and glue(s) Also a square to make sure your corners are square and a level to make sure you walls are strait and floors level are good to have. You will save a lot of money by looking around for these things and not getting them all at once. Try Craigslist, post what you need in the arts and crafts and tools sections. I got a nice air brush doing this a few months ago. Much nicer that anything I could have affored to buy new!

There are many websites that have FREE patterns (called printies) for tiny accessories, flooring and wallpaper. Look through these and try making a few. It will give you practice with the xacto knife and you can start a box of things to put into your house later.

Ask friends and family if they have any left over paints. If you like the colors then save it. I buy small empty 4-8 oz paint cans or get used ones for the recycling center and clean them. Bottles with tight fitting lids are good to. Strain the amount of paint you need into a new clean container, put a little dot of the paint on the lid so you will know what colour it is when dry. Of course make sure to dispose of the can and any left over paint and containers properly. I usually just leave nearly empty cans opened until the contents are dry With fuller cans I take to our recycling center, It is reused to make more paint that they sell for 7.00 a gallon!

The feeling of excitement over ordering a new dollhouse never goes away. Many of us on this forum have more than one dollhouse, and we anticipate each and every arrival with much glee.

You've definitely got the mini-bug. Let us know when your Westville arrives. How exciting for you!!

-Susanne

Hello and welcome! I am also working on my first dollhouse. You will find a ton of help here. Joining this form is one of the best things I could have done! We are excited to have you.

Hopefully your wait for your dollhouse wont be too long!

Agnes what a surprise to find your post here full of tips and advice to spend the time before the kit arrives!!! it is a very good idea, infact I've already started to take a look on website for little things I may use once the construction has begun. I've plenty of ideas but haven't decided yet what exactly i want to do, except for the colourthat will have to be a bright sky blue with trims, windows and doors white so to be perfect in my room!!!

Thanks everybody for your words, it is really a thrill to be here!!! :wave:

I didn't have to wait too for my most current kit to arrive but I remember constantly checking the tracking number to see where it was. When it arrived, I had just moved into a new home so i was supposed to unpack but instead I made myself a work station and started painting windows.

A thing that I find helpful is researching houses of the style I'm building. Or read other people's construction blogs and look through their Westville galleries. You can get a lot of inspiration and early ideas this way.

My westville has not arrived yet from overseas and I'm completed absorbed by ideas, projects, and this desire to star and see what I can do
By now the kits begin to talk to me when I see the picture on the box! and I still get excited when a new kit arrives at my house.
the colourthat will have to be a bright sky blue with trims, windows and doors white
These are the colors I used on my Westville: blog-242-1128391168_thumb.jpg

every kit brings with it excitement for me but I have to say the first kit...well the first kit I could almost taste the excitement!

do spend you waiting time collecting supplies and making a dollhouse building area.

you dont want to be putting up your house or move it because it may be in the way(GASP)

it is very easy to loose parts....make sure you lable each part and put the smaller bits in baggies.

I am excited for you and I do hope you will share with us your photos as you build.

nutti :wave:

Benvenuto Federica!!

The excitement of waiting for a dollhouse does not fade. I had a dh that was coming to my house and I got so super excited that I went to the post office early in the morning and my mailman gave me the box early! Now that is pent up excitement!!

Welcome to the forum community!