Sun and Dollhouses...

Ms. Mini

Hi everyone :w00t: i had a quick question... today i moved my finished willowcrest to a spot by a window.. now as its towards the end of the day ive noticed that the sun through the blinds are on top of my house... will this effect the paint or damage the house over time? im debating if i need to move it again...

Do any of you keep your finished houses by windows?

thanks for any advice you have :)

I am assuming that the exterior is facing the window. Unless your windows are E glass, late afternoon sun especially in summer will fade the paint. If you used fade resistant exterior paint, then it will fade more slowly. It might also dry and fade your roof shingles especially if you left them natural. Direct sun also turns plexi glass yellow over time. You can add UV film to your window to protect the house/ I add it to my dollhouse windows if the buyer plans to display the house in the window. Lots of people seem to, especially at Christmas. I recomend that buyers do not expose the interior of a house to direct sun even for short periods.

Edited by aggiemae

The Glencroft sits in front of a SW-facing window because that's where DH put it, so my lovely blackish-grey "slates" are now a perfect color & texture for cedar, but only the front half of the roof! I guess while it's in the diningroom at the moment (we've got to call in the satellite tech guy so had to clear that corner) I'll have to grab some black paint and go paint the roof.

My BH sits on our dining room window (west facing), but we have e-glass windows. I also keep the blind drawn on that side of the house in the afternoon. We have central air conditioning and that's our only west facing window.

I haven't noticed any fading in the paint or wallpaper.

-Susanne

Since Im in Miami I never keep anything that needs to survive by a window. The sun can really fade away paint finishes and make things very hot, which I have no idea if that affects glue over time. Of course the sun is abonormal here so it might not be the same where you live.

My Marquam Hill Mansion is by the window but it is shaded by a tree. I also have a blind down on it. And the ac is in there too so I am happy to report that after more then a year, she is still in tip top shape.