San Franciscan (SF557)

Piper

I'm new to this forum and most impressed by the experience and the incredible work and suggestions you all have put out there. What a wonderful way to share your passion for building miniatures. I haven't seen a post yet like mine, and I'm wondering if anyone can help.

About 6 years ago, my mother purchased me the Dura Craft San Franciscan, and not being terribly handy myself, I've been looking for someone to help me build it since that time. My 80-year-old father offered to help, but got that same overwhelmed sensation when he opened the box and saw the millions of pieces and instruction manual. He tried to watch the video, but it was damaged.

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement video? Does anyone have one that would be interested in selling? Any help you can offer I would greatly appreciate!

Piper

Piper, I built the all-wood version, I think it was the 555, and the video was only marginally helpful. I still had LOTS of mistakes. When I built the Cambridge it didn't come with a video and I think I actually did better with it than with the San Franciscan (which I gave to DGD long ago). The pictures in the instructions along with the parts schematics were much more helpful.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your responses. If you hear of anyone having one, let me know, as I would be happy to buy it. I may take your advice to see if someone can restore the video we have. I also appreciate the insight about building it without. My dad is very talented when it comes to building things and I'm sure he'll do a great job, no matter what.

Hi Piper, I too have built the SF557 and did not have a video it does have very clear and helpful instructions and it was my first project, dont be put off with the quantity of parts in the box.

Once you have the large pieces out of there and put together you will enjoy seeing it come together..........its a great kit

:)

• 8 months later...

hi everyone i also have the san franciscan sf555 my only problem is im missing a few pieces and was wondering if anyone might know were i could gt replacements for it tyvm hagd :p

Neither of my 557s had a video either. I found the instructions to be good though, and had no trouble building it. (I have only built one for my granddaughter so far, and loved it so much that I got another for myself). It really isn't all that intimidating once you start it. Everything will fall together for you, and you will have lots of help here!