melva

I have taken soooooo long to work on her house she has sadly lost interest. She still looks at every now and then and tell's me it won't get finished until she's out of college. She's now in the 10th grade! I of course have hope it will get done.

Melva

I remember watching my mom try to build me a house from a kit when I was a little girl. She got frustrated and never finished. Fortunately, my great uncle built me one when I was 17. I have been hooked ever since. So, she may regain interest.

Okay ... she still looks at it now and again, so she hasn't completely lost interest ... she's in the tenth grade, so she's old enough to work on it with you ... Summer break is coming up very soon ... I would suggest making it a holiday project (if it were up to me).

Hi everyone!

I have done 8 doll houses to date and have just started on a new one. The last one I have worked on for nearly a year was a yard sale find. I paid 50.00 for it. It is all wood and measures 3feet by 19" by 2.5feet high. There are 10 rooms and what a joy it has been to fix up for my cousin.

I have found new ways of doing walls, floors, and ceilings. Ok may not be new to all of you..lol cant wait to really dig into my new doll house.

I am a grandmother of four, I am single, and I am disabled. But, I am really jolly and cranky... lol... love a good sense of humor.

Dont know what else to write...but adding a pic of one of my doll house rooms.

Have a great day!!!

post-2070-1179678616_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for all of your inspiration and this forum, it has really helped! I 've really been working on my Beacon Hill. I moved a couple of walls to make my living room and master bedroom bigger. I 've decided on paint color for 2 of my rooms, which for me is a big decision. Thanks to Havana Holly for the hot glue tip, I was able to take the railing and trim off the first floor staircase. :groucho: and now I can use them. I didn't know how I was going to fix it because it was so hard to get to all the stairs to paint. I finally feel that this house will get finished so that when I sit and stare at it as I like to do, I'll really have something cute to look at. yeaaaa

Now if I can just stop trying to refinish all my furniture I'll be okay. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I am trying to remove the stain from most of my furniture because I don't like the finish. Needless to say I have ruined a piece or two. But I'm getting the hang of it with my new best find, pure acetone. I don't have any pieces finished yet.

Havanaholly read that tip for removing hot glue on Small Stuff Digest, because she doesn't use hot glue for anything.

I had to refinish some of the $Tree dh furniture (with that yucky thick orange varnish-stuff) and acetone wouldn't touch it, so I got some of the orange gooey stripper that looks like jelly, but you better wear rubber gloves because it'll strip off more than cheap, thick orangey varnish! (I read the warning label)