Can you help me find a stove like this?

Aneliz

I am looking for the "perfect" (well, more like "close enough") stove for the cabin I am making. The cabin project is not an exact replica of my family's cabin in Colorado, because it's just a plain old Shadybrook Cabin, but I am trying to incorporate as many similarities in furnishings as I can. None of the stoves I have seen on HBS or Dejoux are quite floating my boat. It's a family room/living room stove, not a kitchen stove, and it's more for generating warmth than cooking. Check out the attached picture.

If anyone has seen anything that might interest me, please let me know! (I'll consider a kit, as long as it's not too difficult...I'm a novice at this.) Thanks!

post-1713-1176645598_thumb.jpg

Can't help you find one, but when I was growing up we had one very similar. In fact I still carry a scar where I bent over the pipe and burned my arm.

Peggi, we also had one in our diningroom when I was growing up, we always put our coats or mitts over top of it in winter to warm them up before we went outside, or when we came home to dry them off. The only pitfall was the hole it left in my bedroom floor in the summer when the pipe was taken out.

Sorry Anne, I can't help you with finding one, I've never seen one for sale anywhere.

While looking for a period Regency or Georgian stove, I searched far and wide (including many UK sites) and never saw one like the one you want. But, I'll keep my eyes open for you. (PS I probably looked at 100 sites). regards, alyce

Anne, a small mustard tin, four cocktail fork handles, a small fancy buckle or square jewelry finding and a Sonic milkshake straw will reproduce that stove fairly closely. Since we installed a heatpump after the chimney fire that nearly blew our house up DH keeps his N'scale houses on our woodstove like that.

I went to Ebay a little while ago, and I was also looking for a cast iron stove. If you put miniature cast iron stove in your favorite searches, they will email you, every time a new one is listed! I won the one I was looking for just today in fact, based on these emails. You do need to be patient however, it took me weeks to find the right one. They do eventually turn up! Good luck!