Angel's Lily

I got my first dollhouse kit. :p:ohyeah:

At the moment I don't have paint or anything to stain my floors ( because I can't decid how it all must look inside :cheer: ). But I can't wait to start.

How is it, would I get in trouble later by buliding the house when I glue the stairs together now?

you can put your stairs together. they go in as one unit.

also...you should know what you want to do to the foyer before putting on the outside wall

once you do that it will be next to impossible to decorate.

you picked such a pretty house to do

Happy Building

nutti :p

You wanna laugh!? I didn't start because I'm afraid to do something wrong :)

I'll go to the shop today and buy somthing for the floors. I want to stain them and then make them very shiny, I hope I can do it.

Got another question. Can I use structionpaste to the walls and celing!? If not how can I put on the wallpaper.

I also would love to make me a red brick house but I don't know how!? How can help!?

You wanna laugh!? I didn't start because I'm afraid to do something wrong :unsure:

I'll go to the shop today and buy somthing for the floors. I want to stain them and then make them very shiny, I hope I can do it.

Got another question. Can I use structionpaste to the walls and celing!? If not how can I put on the wallpaper.

I also would love to make me a red brick house but I don't know how!? How can help!?

Hi Angel, the Lily was my first house and I wouldn't have gotten through it very well without the detailed blogs here:

Lily Construction Blog

I am making my second house, the Orchid, as a little brick house, and am following LPCullen's excellent blog here:

LPCullen's brick Orchid

As for wallpaper paste, I use white glue but that is not as good as what other folks use, which I think includes Modge Podge, proper wallpaper paste, etc...

Hi Angel

I cannot advise you on wallpaper paste, only because the adhesives you have in Germany are probably not the same brands we have here.

There are many ways to brick a house. I love the paperclay bricks in the link above. I think they turned out so pretty! They look about as good as real bricks!

In addition to paperclay, there are real clay bricks, which are very heavy and very expensive. They look real because they are real, but that is perhaps their only advantage. I would consider real bricks for small areas or small projects, but I doubt I would use them for an entire house.

In the US, eggs are sometimes sold in thick, pressed paper cartons that have a nice texture for making stone and bricks. I have seen some very realistic projects done with these. It would weigh next to nothing, because it's just heavy paper! There is a very good online tutorial for this here: Egg carton bricks

There are polystyrene brick sheets. They look very plastic unless you age them, but I have seen them ages and washed to a very nice effect.

In the UK, brick patterned wallpapers are very popular, but we don't see them often in the US.

Jeri

Don't be afraid, the Lily was my first build also, and like you I was afraid I'd mess up. But with the help of the good folks here, it turned out great. In fact mine is in the Lily blog, I think when I did mine I was the only one building it. There are several now who have started or will be starting soon, so you will have lots of company.

You can also order Magic Bricks. It comes in a powder with a template for the bricks. Mix the powder with water and some glue spread over the template, wait a little while remove the template and you have bricks. Here is a link to them

WOW, thanks for the links and for the help. ;) The link with the bricks and template sounds very easy.

I've got those egg cartons too :(

The little brick house is soo pretty :unsure:

May I ask another question?

I would love to put in light in Lily. I know from reading here in Forum first the wires muß be laying, but how can I do it?

First wiring, then wallpaper on the walls then stick or glue them togehter? You know what I mean? :angry:

WOW, thanks for the links and for the help. :unsure: The link with the bricks and template sounds very easy.

I've got those egg cartons too :banana:

The little brick house is soo pretty :whistle:

May I ask another question?

I would love to put in light in Lily. I know from reading here in Forum first the wires muß be laying, but how can I do it?

First wiring, then wallpaper on the walls then stick or glue them togehter? You know what I mean? :shifty:

Angel, if you follow my blog in the Lily construction blog, near the bottom, I have detail photos of how I run my wiring in the Lily. Maybe that will help. I may have even more photos of the process somewhere if you need them.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn, I made the bricks I used on the Glencroft, Westville & McKinley by coloring sandpaper and then cutting it into brick-sized bits and gling them into place. I "borrowed" this idea from How to Make Your Dollshouse Special by Beryl Armstrong.

Thank you so very much for your help and tips. As I went shopping yesterday, I saw a house that I'm gonna make for my Lily.

It's not a brickhouse ( I'll do it the next time :whistle: ) My Lily will be in differnt yellow colors.

I got the important things together and I hope I have time to start today :ohyeah:

We have here between 70 -80 F each day. That's to hot for April.

Maybe wenn I put the pieces together they stay sticked while it's so hot here :thumb: :idiot:

We have here between 70 -80 F each day. That's to hot for April.
Maybe too hot for Germany, Carolyn. For where I live in N Florida that's just right! We're having unseasonably cool weather (for us) but getting some much-needed rain (not nearly enough). We hiked through some boggy areas in the Apalachicola National Forest yesterday and it was DRY! The pitcher plants were in ones & twos, the honeydews were in single clumpa, and the ground mosses were drying out; very sad. I see more anoles (lizards that change color from green to brown & back) at home than we saw yesterday! The ground was still soft enough in places that a horseback rider (who isn't supposed to ride on the FTA hiking trails or any trail blazed in orange in FL) had ridden & tore up and then it dried out, so we nearly had some turned ankles!