Exterior Color Scheme

Jeffrey

I finally found the perfect color scheme for the rutherford (posted in the rutherford gallery) and I am so happy that i got that out of the way. :) also check out the pic of the stained glass because im interested in everyones thoughts on that. thaks :)

Your Rutherford is coming along wonderfully, Jeff! I love the addition! The color scheme you've chosen is going to be very beautiful and well suited to this house.

I love the stained glass you plan on using . . . I haven't had much luck printing out on transparencies so any advice others have will be duly noted! :) I think there is some special printer stuff for this type of thing . . . now what was it?

fabulous colors!!

the window looks as though it will be really lovely. i'm a bit goofy about stained glass, and that is a particularly nice design.

your house is zooming along so well!!

:)

I finally found the perfect color scheme for the rutherford (posted in the rutherford gallery) and I am so happy that i got that out of the way. :) also check out the pic of the stained glass because im interested in everyones thoughts on that. thaks :)

The color scheme is beautiful and so is the stained glass. The rutherford is coming along great.

Kat

I love the color scheme!

They do sell clear sticker paper. Here is one example:

20fdb3ab-e3e4-4d32-8ede-9e19bf45258f.gif

I love the stained glass pic you are going to use. Very nice.

awesome! :) i will have to keep an eye out for that thanks a lot!

thanks for all your comments. on cuppa-tea's house she has what looks to me like a gloss paint and i like the way it looks so now i need to know what kind of paint to use. :)

Jeffrey, the color scheme and stained glass are rich and elegant. Your Rutherford is well on its way to being extra special!

In the for-what-it's-worth department, somewhere I read that satin-finish paint is the most realistic for exterior siding and trim on dollhouses. That's what I have used on mine, and I like it a lot. It has a tiny bit of a shine, as does cuppa-tea's house, but isn't as gaudy as it would be if you used a high gloss paint on it. If I were going to paint the roofing shingles (which I haven't yet done), I think I would use a flat paint to contrast the siding and trim.

Jeffrey, the color scheme and stained glass are rich and elegant. Your Rutherford is well on its way to being extra special!

In the for-what-it's-worth department, somewhere I read that satin-finish paint is the most realistic for exterior siding and trim on dollhouses. That's what I have used on mine, and I like it a lot. It has a tiny bit of a shine, as does cuppa-tea's house, but isn't as gaudy as it would be if you used a high gloss paint on it. If I were going to paint the roofing shingles (which I haven't yet done), I think I would use a flat paint to contrast the siding and trim.

thanks

you bring up a good point about the shingles. i dont think i am going to paint them i was going to use Brown Shingle Dye so this poses another question. how will the paint scheme look wiht the brown shingle dye?

It will look just fine, Jeff! There are a lot of painted ladies with plain brown shingles . . . it's the color on the house you want to pop!

Thanks for the tip on the clear sticker paper, Heidi! I'll be on the look out for it too! :photo:

I just looked at the photo again. As a matter of fact, I think I'd like brown shingles better than the green ones shown. The roof will have better contrast, and as Teresa pointed out, the house colors will pop!

I just looked at the photo again. As a matter of fact, I think I'd like brown shingles better than the green ones shown. The roof will have better contrast, and as Teresa pointed out, the house colors will pop!

actually its easy to get a feel for the color of the brown shingles because the color of the front door in the pic is the same color i want for the roof.

thanks everyone for all your comments. You are all so helpful and friendly here and its nice to have people who take me seriously when i ask for opinions and suggestions. my mom thinks its a big waste of money and space and my sister (12) is at the age where she wont even say hello to me, nevermind answer me when i ask her opinion lol. :wub: i do my work at my moms house so my father hasnt even seen it for a few months but he lets me use his tools all the time and he is a big help. (He does minis too but of the train and rocket variety lol)

Jeffrey, welcome to the exclusive dh club. All of us and I mean all of us have gotten the looks and the skeptical comments about our "hobby". My husband has finally decided to just let it go! I am happy and I am making something beautiful.

As for the kid sister..eh! You think 12 yrs old is bad...wait till she is 13! LOL

No problem with asking. There is always someone on here that can give you or get you the answers you need.

As for the sticker paper, I saw that in several brand names on Staples website. Some had perforations for individual stickers but that kind I showed was not like that. It looks great in with the ink jet printer. I used to use that stuff when the kids were younger.