White wire furniture

Anya

I have some white wire furniture and I want to make it look old looking and maybe a little bit rusty. Since the Greenleaf forum is full of amazingly talented people I know someone must be able to help me out here. :)

If you have any examples of your distressed white wire furniture I'd love to see them. :)

I have seen this sort of furniture painted green, and even gold (in a dollhouse book). You could try a wash of burnt umber. There's a product - might be called Rust It, I can't recall exactly - that is supposed to do a great rust job. Sorry, I don't have pics - all my white wire stuff is still in it's original condition!

This is my Bible for weathering:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/tech/aw_wx.htm

Yeah I know it's an X-Wing Fighter from Star Wars, but the techniques will work on anything. Alfred is a master pattern maker and model maker, and a great guy, he is in the same league as Tim Lindsey, Thomas Sasser and David Merriman.

As far as rust goes, I'd use these techniques with rust coloured paint.

For my rust projects I have a craft paint called "Rusty Nail." Just brush it on and instant rust! I love it! Got it years ago from a store going out of business. It's just a little bottle of craft paint!

Wolfie