Doll house question

Dan

Dan, they could only be a very old hotel (like the Blennerhassett Hotel-- Parkersburg, W Va--that was built 1880-something), or a boarding house or a rooming house or a bed & breakfast. A big house like the Foxhall Manor would do-- or the Garfield or the Pierce.

Dan, you could pretty much turn any dollhouse into a hotel with a few modifications where necessary. Find a house in a style you like and go from there.

I first thought I'd make the Magnolia into a bed & breakfast, but when I got the kit it told me it wanted to be a FL Gulf Coast one-family cottage (in some other threads those of us who like to build a lot shared that very often the kits "talk" to us & tell us what they want to be). I have thought the Harrison would make a wonderful country pub & inn.

Dan, in Dollhouses to Dreamhouses they show how to take two Pierce kits and put them together to make one HUGE dollhouse...which could probably be turned into a hotel....... I can see it now, a neon sign on top of it flashing "The Dan Astoria!" over and over again! LOL

Wolfie

There's a kit called Fire house that sells here in Canada, I'm sure they must have it near you as well. It would make an awesome hotel. It has the right shape, looks like a saloon, and is front opening so you wouldn't have windows in the way of the bar. Check out the web sight littledollhousecompany.com, and see what you think. It's a quick build real good toys kit, but they likely also carry the regular build kit.

I thought of the Emerson Row first, but now that I look at it again it really looks more like apartments than a hotel. There are a lot of kits that would make adorable B&Bs, and I've seen some that look like they could be bashed to look like the Bates Motel. I can't think of any that really look like a hotel offhand, but I guess it kind of depends on what hotel you'd like to replicate...

I can't think of any that really look like a hotel
I can; any two of the Victorians bashed together, the Willowcrest with another story & a basement, the Emerson Row with a facade bash...

I think the Garfield or Beacon Hill would make a wonderful B&B. My Jellybean House would've made a nice hotel I think, but I had other plans for it.