foundation stones from egg cartons

uppitycats

I thought I saw a thread here, or a tutorial, on how to make a "stone" foundation using those grey cardboard egg cartons..

or am I dreaming? :wave:

Can one of you help me out? Garfield needs a foundation on her, and eventually Brimble, too.

One more time, havanaholly has not now nor ever done papermache eggcarton "stonework". And I'm having a brain fart due to CRS syndrome this AM & can't recall who actually did! I suggest hitting the "search" button.

(NB: I used styrofoam egg carton once to "stone" a bashed Buttercup chimney, but SPACKLE is the material of choice I choose to make "stones" on my houses)

I am doing the egg carton foundation!

Here is the link to the site with the tutorial...Egg Carton Bricks.

If you go almost all the way down the page there are three more tutorials on bricks and stones with egg cartons.

Warning: This is a tedious job but it looks great!

Yes, Heidi provided a link to that Victoria's site too. Now all I gotta do is find some egg cartons. Just when I thought I had a stash, I find my "thoughtful" husband burned them up!

Just when I thought I had a stash, I find my "thoughtful" husband burned them up!

Doesn't that just drive you crazy! :flowers: He just loves to use the scraps from my dollhouse kits. After I built the Orchid I wasn't sure if I wanted to put on all the gable trim or not. When I decided I wanted to use it guess what? It had already been used as kindling in the fireplace :w00t:

Here is another one I like better

Egg Carton Bricks by Carol Jones

Yes I did a project with this tutorial, it gives GREAT results, i def. recommend this one!!