New Pictures Posted - New England Saltbox

iluvdhs04

If you'd like to take a peek, I've just posted a few pics of my 3-story, 12 room New England Saltbox, "Big Red" that I've had for several years. It'll be awhile before I photograph the other rooms, as I'll have to open it up & dust it out, which is kind of a pain. :p

Thanks for looking. :)

Hi Heidi :)

No, the table it sits on is actually a big old trunk.

In case you'd like to know all of "Big Red's" details, here they are :p :

-- The dimensions of it are: 40" Long x 27" Deep x 36" High.

The house is totally enclosed and was made in two sections; the 1st floor is separate and the top section contains the 2nd & 3rd floors.

-- The exterior walls can be removed to access the rooms and on one side, the roof flips up to access the 3rd floor.

-- It's double-depth, has real hallways and rooms with doors that connect into other rooms.

-- It also has hand-split shingles, real glass working windows and a cement chimney that runs the height of the house (which adds to the weight of it :))

When I bought it, the exterior was finished, but the interior was not.

Oh, and it's solid wood & quite heavy too! My hubby & son took a day trip to pick it up for me about five years ago & they still grumble about how heavy & bulky it was to carry the two sections up 3 sets of stairs. :)

I love big red! wow!

she has sooo many wonderful details!

I really like how you have taken a house and turned it into a home....

someone get me the shrinking machine...I wanna live there.

the poolroom is my fav and the hutch in the back is filled with some kewl things I havent seen in miniature...like the horses! I need some of them! thanks for sharing!

nutti :)

Wow! What a house!! I love what you've done with it . . . the interiors are beautiful! Those beds are to die for! I love the crocheted blanket in Grandma's room . . . it's beautiful!

Oh, I am so glad you have to dust your house! Sorry, that doesn't sound right. I'm glad I'm not the only one here with a dusty house crying for attention... not much better. Anyway, I love your dollhouse.

I've been thinking lately--a lot-- about Beatrix Potter"s story "Two Bad Mice," where one mouse, Hunca Munca, regularly sweeps out a large dollhouse. I'd give a lot for that rodent.