is anyone else having random problems on the site?

ilovecats

Hi all, is anyone having problems on the site this morning? It could be just my computer interacting in a naughty way with the site again, but this time it's not just posting problems, i keep getting a different format pop up after i post. It doesn't happen every time either. Sometimes the emoticons are missing when i go to post on a thread. It's just random things are happening that i haven't experienced before. And it's running slow for me, then it's fine, then it will be slow again. :):p

good morning Margarita, i've been on the site all weekend and havent had any problems. do you have an anti-virus program that you can scan your computer with? it sounds like you are running some program that is slowing your computer down. viruses make your pc do crazy, arbitrary stuff too.

if you need a free anti-virus look for AVG. i use it and it's served me well. it doesnt cost anything and it automatically updates for the latest viruses! good luck!

I have not had any issues either. You might want to check your browser (it may have an upgrade that is making things weird for you) or you Anti viral software. These things can do goofy stuff to the computer if one part does not download properly :)

I'm getting a new computer in a couple of weeks, so i think i'll just limp along. My computer has been sooooooooo slow, even more so lately. I defragmented last week and that helped a teeny bit, so....

So i'm thinking it might just be me and my computer, but wanted to ask others what they are experiencing.

I'm getting a new computer in a couple of weeks, so i think i'll just limp along. My computer has been sooooooooo slow, even more so lately. I defragmented last week and that helped a teeny bit, so....

So i'm thinking it might just be me and my computer, but wanted to ask others what they are experiencing.

I think i might also need to get a new dsl modem, it's been dropping us off line from time to time lately. I've had it for 2 years. I need to contact Qwest and see if they will send me a new one since i'm renting it. I just keep forgetting to do that.

the site's working well for me, except for one odd glitch.

i can't view the gallery photos posted by iluvdhs04. :) i can see everyone else's gallery photos, though, so i'm guessing maybe my dialup system is the problem there. ??

I haven't had any problems for the past couple of days. i think my computer problems were the 44 photo files i had stored on my computer (didn't realize i had that many). I transferred everything to disc and deleted the files and cleared my recycle bin. My computer is running much better. I thought it was dying :thumb: it hardly worked. What a difference. Still slow, but not acting up and it's faster than it has been. Hopefully next week i can get my new computer! it's time to upgrade.