Need some help w/ 'warping'

littlethings

:banana:Hello everyone,

Question...what can I do in order to prevent the unassamble pieces from warping. I'm building my B. Hill's shell and I have this one section that has warped :wave: . I went ahead and clamped it to a table in order to 'flatted' back???....

I'll appreciate any help, suggestions, etc.

Annie :)

Hi, Annie ... clamping can work. Did you dampen both sides first? No need to soak, it, but wiping with a dampish-to-wet sponge will do.

Also, stacking a LOT of very heavy books or gallons of paint or anything heavy on it will help flatten it as it dries. Leave it that way a couple of days, until you're sure it's really dry.

That should do the trick. :wave:

I agree with Kathie B. dampen the pieces on both sides(i used a spray bottle on mist)... Leave it sit for a few days.. if it is not better then do it again... I had to do this with My Mothers dollhouse... actually I am still doing it with her house....The house pieces are severly warped.

Good Luck.!

Mini Hugs

Kellee

Also, sometimes if you have your box standing upright or not laying flat while you are storing it, the pieces bends. Sometimes, the problem is not too bad once you assemble and glue that part in place, it straightens itself out.

One part of my Pierce was like that and it was because I had it sitting in an upright position and it was not laying flat. Once I glued it into place and used tape to hold it while it dried, it stayed in place and is fine now (even at the peaks :wave: )

When you lay it flat and weight it down, try to spread the weight over it evenly. Most especially, keep it flat after it has dried. Once you have assembled it into your house it'll probably take care of the warp.

Thank youuuuuuu very much!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

I sprayed some water on both sides of the piece (it is a wall) and putted under some pieces of plywood and...placed a tool box on top. I'm sure that it will do it. Also, I have made sure that the original box is laying flat and whatever sheets inside are distrubuited evenly on top of eachother.

Again, may thanks to all!!! :(:(:banana:

Annie

:banana: :wine:

I heard a lady telling about her way of de-warping (that looked like a star trek work didnd't it???) the plywood pieces, she drove on top of it and let her car's wheel stand on top of it over night... Not so sure I would recommend that method thoug...

Hugs and good luck!