Fairmont Hill Kits

Minis On The Edge

Well, I feel in love with the Faimont Hill kits (Of course AFTER they went out of business). And they have one in particular that resembles the beacon hill but it is in HO scale. These kits are made from thick card baord and retailed for $9.99 . Any way, I had been watching an auction that had this kit and another house and bids are at $26.00 now, so I did a search on ebay (I had been doing one a couple times a week) and I WON 5 of the kits with buy it now.

There are several of them that I want to get. They have one that looks like the Emmerson row and one that has pillars in front of it. This guy who owned this used to work for Dura craft (found out a lot by doing a google search on these).

I wish I could get a whole set! Now I have 2 mercantile villages and 2 elementary schools. Just had to share my find. Oh, I won it on ebay for $25 for all five houses. :D

Nutti, All I know is that they are close enough to 1/2" scale to make me want them LOL.

It is made from a very heavy card and you don't have to paint it because it is the color you see on the boxes. That is so funny that we are watching the same house! LOL. I wanted that Marquette house because it looks like the Beacon Hill. Now I got one!!

:D

:)

Oh, Tracy, They'll be so great made up and you can paperclay them, too. I thought HO scale was closer to quarter-scale (help, Ed, isn't HO something like 1/52?), so O-scale would be closer to 1/24 (i'm easily confused... :D )

On scales:

G = approximately 1:24, or "half-scale" (different model train makers go 1:25, 1:24, or 1:22.5, but it's hard to tell the difference by eye). This is also about the size of Playmobil.

O = 1:48 or "quarter-scale." This is a little smaller than the Department 56 holiday villages, which are 1:43, but again, it's hard to tell just from looking (esp. as D56 people are too big for D56 buildings). You can also use 25mm wargaming buildings and people with this scale.

HO = 1:87 and has no popular dollhouse equivalent but some of the metal furniture sold as 144th scale is actually a lot better fit with HO houses than with 144th houses. Approx. 15mm in wargaming equipment.

N = 1:100 or so, fairly compatible with the 1:144 "dollhouse for a dollhouse." Equivalent to 10mm military. 144th scale tanks make good toys for 1:12 dollhouses, too.

If you want a "dollhouse for a dollhouse" for half-scale houses, you need to look for 6mm wargaming buildings, or you can use the 6mm soldiers as toy soldiers.

• 11 months later...
Melanie, you did an awesome job on that house!! My kits came in yesterday!!

:lol:

I am so excited!

Soooo, have you opened them all up just yet???? :) Inquisiting(sp???) minds want to know LOL

Hugs

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm new here and I need your help.

First of all, sorry for my english, is not very good... I'm collecting the houses of Fairmont hill, but seeing your post I've seen that lack me 5 models: Monterrey ladies, Hampton House, County Courthouse, Franklin Elementary and Charleston Manor... I don't know if I have it written well...

In Spain is very difficult obtain them, so wanted to take advantage of that December 7 I go to New York to buy the ones that lack me.

Some of you knows where can I buy them?

Thanks and a greeting from Spain.

Welcome to the neighborhood Ylitia!! These kits has been discontinued and I only find them on ebay and then on miniature.com they have one of these that they sell (The school). I finally have an entire set but it took me 2 years hunting ebay to get it :blink:

If you click the above link, it will take you right to the school kit :w00t: