Wonderful old stone house

Hallowell

That's a neat house. I've never seen one where you lift the top off, instead of a side/back/front opening.

With it being a two storey though, it would be difficult to decorate the 2nd floor as you'd be lifting off the roof and second floor to look into the first floor. Just an observation from someone who loves to check out what's inside and move stuff around.

-Susanne

Oh this house has such a charming history with it being built as a "showing" how a new house would look like, sounds very heart warming somehow...

And as one of those who never can get truly to the "I am finished" stage of my houses I would also have a bit of a hard time with having to take out the floor... Hmm, but I still like it though!

Hugs and thank you for sharing it with us Greg, caffein or no caffein :) but those espresso martinis sounds simply divine, I think hubby would love some of that as he is the true coffee addict around this house LOL

Espresso Martinis?

Okay so I would take I-395 North onto I-290 E..Gotta save for the tolls..... It is gonna take me about 5 hours to get there!

My old motto used to be "My food groups: Caffiene, Nicotine, and Dexedrine"

Dexedrine :prescription.. :yikes:

Caffiene: Cut waaayyy down.. :D

Nicotine: the last thing to conquer..soon very very soon! :)

We were checking out a "new" consignment shop and the owner had just acquired the contents of a local barn that included a dh made out of chunks of wood glued together to simulate stone. The roof lifts off but it looks to be just one floor. The whole thing weighs a ton and has been used as a privy by numerous critters and there was so much stuff in the room she had it in I couldn't get close enough to measure it for scale (if any). There were two doors with it, with their hinges. I'll try to remember my camera next time we go back, although I did some sales-pitching to get her to keep & restore it & play with it herself!

It weighed a ton! so I can just imagine what a 2-level STONE house would weigh! What a neat OOAK piece, too bad there's not family interested enough to keep & share it.