Restaurant

Hallowell

i don't know whether people already know Jean Nisbett's book abt dh shops, cafes and restaurants?

(probably, and y'all have already memorized and critiqued the contents :D

at any rate, her Beginners book is helpful to me, and the Shops book is tempting, might be a source for ideas.

here's a link for an auction on eBay. who knows, might be cheaper elsewhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dolls-House-Shops-Cafe...tem250069829947

I can't recall the name of the author of The Dolls' House Shopkeeper (probably still in my workroom) that I used to make some of the fixtures for the Orchid store, but one of the projects was a tea-room roombox.

I haven't found Jean Nisbett's books to be all that helpful except as eyecandy ("wonder if I could make that").

A tea room you said??? I am on the look out for a way of making one of those small two seeting tables for "Her Highness" as she is telling me a small tea room would fit perfectly on the first floor next to the planned bookshop, now to make all the books, yay!!!!

Will have to look for that one then, thanks!

Hugs

I can't recall the name of the author of The Dolls' House Shopkeeper (probably still in my workroom) that I used to make some of the fixtures for the Orchid store, but one of the projects was a tea-room roombox.

I haven't found Jean Nisbett's books to be all that helpful except as eyecandy ("wonder if I could make that").

The authors are Lionel Banard and Ann Banard. Here is a link to it on amazon: The Dolls' House Shopkeeper You can see the table of contents and a bit of the inside there.

The Jean Nisbett book wasn't there so ebay may be the way to go for it.

those small two seeting tables

Measure one for the diameter (probably 2" - 2.5" would be about right) and either have someone with a circular saw cut the tops for you, or draw around an object the desired size (or use a compass!) and bend coathanger wire with pliers for the legs and finish the tabletops how you wish(fov/ Emily did some awesome mosaic patio tables), or use clear acetate for bistro tables.

If you have enough scrap hangers, strong pliers and a good wire cutters you could also make your chairseats to match.

I would like some day to try making some of the Rosenthal dinerware in mini, I love the Bistro set that's brightly colored city scenes and mostly square & rectilinear shapes.

I just posted pics of my "Mouse House Tavern" in my gallery. This was given to me & it was just a plain, plywood box with 4 rooms. The back was open & there were 2 windows cut on either side. It spent over 20 years in a shed on a farm & they told me that mice were living in it. Some of the wood was chewed a little, but not beyond repair.