work, giving people a chance to try a new hobby/skill

Anybody got any ideas on smallish things for minis that can be done

in ½ to an hour. If I do it I will get refunded any costs, so was

thinking about a cheap kit from someone

what do you think?

what else could I do, To get people into the hobby, should I do a small

scene that can be made so people have something to display, rather

than taking away a single item and have nowhere to put it, I think

this would involve a lot of prep though ????

any ideas would be great, its not till February but I am trying to get prepared

What about a card scene or a little planter?

Or a little shadow box using printiesand those little paper boxes from the craft stores, I think they usual run about a dollar or so for the boxes. I saw that somewhere and the people used cute little pictures od items and folded the bottom under and glued it to the base.

I'm sure what ever you come up with it will be great. Good luck :blink:

I think a small scene would be perfect, one of those card scenes or perhaps if you might get hold of those "bags with a view" kind of thing??? But then again, just a plain little scene on a base with a card surrounding it might be more time efficient. Perhaps a seasonal scene like an Easter one, with printies as well as tiny chickens and or/Easter Bunny or soemthing like that, could also be a Valentine dpeending on when you will do it?

Will see what else that might come to mind though...

Hugs and good luck (oh and do you know for appr how many might be joining in with you?)

I like the idea of a flower border kit.

or a Micheals hutch to paint and fill.

card scenes are nice to do but I imagine alot of prep work would have to go into it.

I did small gardens with my neice and nephews when they were younger on peices of 3x3 wood found in the craft section of wa-marts.

you can find fencing there also.

good luck sound like fun!

and printies would be good also

nutti :blink:

I think a small roombox would be fun. Supply enough stuff for either a valentine scene or a spring scene. Some dollar store furniture, a bunch of printy wallpaper or border, a little felt for carpet (all cut to fit so it's quick) maybe some pictures for the wall, little valentine cards to display on a table. A christmas theme box would be nice too. A little chair and a table and a little tree. Some prewrapped presents. They could decorate the outside edges with various types of trim or ribbon.

a basket of flowers?

you could make up kits of the basket and green floral clay

and than offer an assortment of premade flowers and for the more ambitious you could offer some actual flower kits.

gerianiums are easy peasy to make.

sounds like lots of fun!

nutti :blink:

Oh Sally,

That sounds like a real challenge. ;)

If I were to take part, in 1/2 to 1 hour I would only be through the thinking/planning stage! :blink:

You didn't mention the number of people participating, the ages, interests or the cost factor. Work in groups or individually?

Could your work environment be incorporated somehow? Using materials you find at work? Project displayed on desks?

If adults, the finished project would have to have to be presentable, not amateurish.

What about finishing most of the project, putting lots of parts in a bag/box for each person, and have the participants assemble the final scene. Or a central area where components can be selected (a good way to use up your surplus supplies).

Just some ideas, hope it helps. I will be looking forward to hearing more of your plans and how everything turns out! Good for you, by the way! ;)

My suggestion is to take something that you've made, like a roombox or small vignette and then invited them to make one item in that scene.

For example, your garden scene and they make a plant in a clay pot or your kitchen scene and they make a bowl of oranges from FIMO, your bedroom vignette, they make a perfume bottle from beads.

You could have some small clay pots (the 1/2" size from the craft store, punch outs for flowers and something like deer moss for greenery. (I got mine from Michael's).

Orange Fimo rolled into a ball and then on fine sandpaper with a touch of green with a toothpick for the (nevermind, no oven to bake).

Pony beads with the end of a brad fastener glued on top make great cold cream jars. Just cut the tails of the brad with wire cutters, leaving a l1/4" to glue into the bead.

Keep in mind, the average person doesn't know or care about scale and illusion is good.

Here's an example of both:

chairbashprize3.jpg

terra cotta pot with lace glued around, on top of a bead, painted terra cotta. (You could leave the pot plain). Deer moss and white flower punches with sharpie ink centers.

beadbottles-1.jpg

Variety of beads with sequin, bead, no hole bead, also head pins for the lid.

A mini card scene could be put together in about 1/2 hour. IF, you package them up as individuals kits. You could make one up in advance and take it as a sample/display. A lot of the items for the card scenes can be cut out of magazines or printies. You would need at least one item to give it a 3-D look. The card scenes that I've made have been fairly inexpensive and have been items that I've already had in my stash.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...m&album=294

Lots of great ideas here.

Another suggestion, if you don't have time to make up kits yourself, here's a link to Kitz Miniatures where they have kits/instructions for as little as $5./kit.

http://www.minikitz.com/

Another card scene would be something like a Teddy Bear's picnic. Other than buying a few inexpensive flocked bears, most of the items could be easily put together by using printies.

I'd be interested in knowing what you choose to do.

-Susanne

• 1 month later...