My little Orchid

dollady49

I haven't finished it but it's comin' along........It's a good thing I'm startin' small.

I wish I had stated makin' these a long time ago.

I have a grandson helpin' me out......he's tellin' everyone that he's my partner......it's so cute.

I've got the walls up now and I think I may do some paintin' tonight or tomorrow.

I haven't finished it but it's comin' along........It's a good thing I'm startin' small.

I wish I had stated makin' these a long time ago.

I have a grandson helpin' me out......he's tellin' everyone that he's my partner......it's so cute.

I've got the walls up now and I think I may do some paintin' tonight or tomorrow.

Pictures?

Click on the My Controls link in the upper right corner.

Look down the list at the left and click on My Albums link

When you get there, follow the directions to start an album.

Bonnie -

Your Orchid is looking great. It's a really beautiful house.

If you look at the topof the forum you'll see: Forum Home ... Forum Guidelines ... Gallery ... blogs.

If you click on blogs, you'll see two categories of blogs on building the Orchid. Several of us built it last August and blogged and took lots of photos. There's one category for Team Orchid Build (those are the experts), and the other one was Community Orchid Build (for me anyway, it was my first build).

-Susanne

The directions are a little overwhelming

Any time I open a new kit the directions hit me that way, and I've built a kit before (but far from "expert"!lol). The first thing I do is to pet the wood and read over the instructions. Next I pet the wood & sniff it whilst I find the schematics sheet and look it over, then go back to reread the instruction sheet again, finding things on the schematics sheet. Then I take the schematics sheet and look at each of the wood sheets & window sheet (acetate, not particularly fun to pet or sniff) and put them into numerical order (so I can find them easily).

Then I read the instructions carefully to see if I understand them yet, and then I slip the acetate sheet inside to protect it and start scribing my floors and sanding and bagging the trims & stair parts & doors. When all is in readiness I stow the acetate where it (hopefully) won't get scratched, grab the instructions & a pencil and begin the build, checking off the steps as I complete them (because, excellent as they are sometimes I work in an order that differs from the instructions).

Ahh the Orchid...it holds a special place in my heart!! It's my first and so far only completed build and once you get started you will find it amazing how easy it is to do...The hardest part was the bay window but don't let that discourage you! I have 2 dollhouses waiting for me to get started and I have a plan for only one of them...I am waiting for my muse to come and tell me to get off my lazy tuckas and get started! Once I find my inspiration, I won't be able to stop until I'm done!!!

• 2 weeks later...