Installing Siding

MiniMadWoman

you know Teresa i came up with this problem as well.. the front of my house i side paneled BEFORE i assembled the house ( dont know why) and i made the side paneling very close together. but for the rest of the house i used as much of each piece as possible. i glued the ends very close to the "top" of each piece.. make sense? i liked the look of that much better...

are you using the paneling that comes with the kit? I did and im pleased with how it worked out. although just as a "heads up" some of the pieces may be very dry so when seperating each piece be careful because they might split! this was very frustrating for me.

I'll measure the gaps in mine tonight and let you know what mine are :lol:

are you using the paneling that comes with the kit? I did and im pleased with how it worked out. although just as a "heads up" some of the pieces may be very dry so when seperating each piece be careful because they might split! this was very frustrating for me.

Jenny, yes, I'm going to give them a try and hope for the best!

Thanks for the info everyone! I will go ahead, put some up overlapping them in different widths and see what catches my eye! :music_band:

I only paint the side that shows, but make sure you do the edges as they can be seen once they are on the house. I know of others on here who put the siding on first and then paint. It's a personal choice and totally up to you how you want to do it.

I put the siding up first on my Willow then painted. It was my 1st attempt at siding, and I didn't measuer per say, I just kinda winged it and it looks pretty good I think anyhow......

I attempted to do the whole draw-line-and-measure thing but after like the 2nd line I said that I could do it without it lol

I used a roller to paint it once it was up......that way it got the edges good and it went rather quick I must say.

Good luck!!

That's the way I do it too, put it on and then paint it.

I did that, too, and let the glue thoroughly dry It minimized the siding strips' curling with the wet paint and afterwards they dried nice & flat again.