stained glass windows

mickey28

Stained glass windows have been discussed several times. If you will scroll to the bottom of the page, you can check out some of the older pages. Pages 15 and 18 might have something you can use. Everyone is so helpful and they may have the answers you're looking for. Good luck

The Lafayette I just gave my neice has all stained glass windows. My old windows were kind of sorry looking so I had to put new windows in it. I made mine by printing pictures of stained glass windows on transparencies with a little help from Word and Paint. They turned out really nice. When I get pictures taken I'll try to post them. But I did notice if you decide do this method, you need to pick a really vibrant window or the colors don't show up as nice when transfered to a transparency.

If you do a search for stained glass, you'll find a number of posts that cover various aspects of reproducing a stained glass effect in scale windows.

Look here

There are several methods and a mixture of media, and most of them make lovely windows. I'm sure you'll find a method comfortable for you.

Please share pictures of what you do. We're always learning! :)

I made stained glass windows for my Beacon Hill using Gallery Glass from Plaid. It's a liquid that you spread on the window and when it dries it gives the stained glass effect.

I also made a real stained glass panel for my Beacon Hill. You can view that process in my blog here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...woman/index.php? and scroll down to 'Stained Glass Sky Light'.

Good luck with your windows!

Bonnie, I'm a very proud owner of one of (MiniMadWoman) Teresa's Stained Glass SkyLights and she did a fabulous job on it. It's truly gorgeous!! Make sure you take a look at her gallery where she used stained glass windows in her Beacon Hill as well. Just beautiful!!

:)

I put " stained glass" on the windows of my Cambridge dollhouse. I used the liqid lead and the liqid gcolored glass. It turned out very nice. I left the Stained glass " dry for quite awhile......

I'll try to post a photo when I figure out how to post photos.....I'm new

Kratz7

post-1646-1167438945_thumb.jpg

:) Hi, Charlotte! I'm glad to see you made it over here. Your Cambridge picture loaded just fine, it seems. Peggi also has a Cambridge, I think hers came prebuilt & she's planning to rehab it.

:) Please introduce yourself in the "new members" section, not everyone reads every post.

Hi everyone,

My name is Charlotte, I live in Pennsylvania and I have been working on the Cambridge dollhouse for years. Actually my hubby and I built it together after I got overwelmed with all the pieces. Even though I thought I had them all marked aI was still overwelmed. So dear hubby jumped in to help. He also did the electrical work. I will try posting a few pics and hopefully they will come through.....I now enjoy the decorating part of life....lol

I have collected all the furniture and accessories over the years also, as I would have never found all the cool things all at once

DSCF0030.jpg

I love playing in the dollhouse and decorating it for holidays.....

DSCF0051.jpg

Here's a photo for ChristmasDSCF0030-1.jpg