What's your go to site for miniature accessories and doll house furniture?

bigm

Just starting out and noticing there isn't much available locally. I've found a few sites online but the website seem like they were build in the 90's and have terrible filtering/search features. I'd like to get on a website, select 1:12 scale, select furniture, garage, kitchen, etc. or do a search. Would also like to find a site with prices comparable to hobby lobby. 

I have found a somewhat decent selection on Amazon. It’s kind of hit or miss though-one day there may be great stuff then the next-who knows? I found it better when your search is as specific as possible. I also just bought a lot of nuts and bolts kind of stuff-small nails, hinges, door knobs, etc. I bought 2 cheap sets of punch out furniture only to use as a guide to either really doctor them up or to create things myself from scratch. I don’t know if you’ve looked at the miniatures.com website yet. Good luck!

Miniature prices are increasing like so many things in the economy.

Miniatures.com and https://www.justminiaturescale.com/ have reasonable prices for non-artisan items.....You can use them as a gauge to compare prices. You can get some of the best deals on eBay if you are savvy and troll the site regularly.

For prices comparable to Hobby Lobby you may want to look at Ali Express etc. You can find rather low cost stuff directly from China on eBay and Amazon, but they are coming over on" the slow from China".

BTW Miniatures.com does have coupons, and have a great 40% off coupon usually on April 1st.

• Like 2

miniatures.com probably has the largest online selection of scale miniatures that you can search by room or brand.  Prices are subject to quality and material type.  If you're looking for one of a kind items you can often find them on Etsy....Ebay is another good source if you're on it frequently or save your searches to be notified.  There's a great subject on this forum where members will often place links to items they've sourced and you can go look and purchase or bid .....the best part is have fun!

I also like https://earthntree.com/miniatures/, they have a good selection and sometimes they are cheaper than miniatures.com. If you don't mind waiting (and buying from China) AliExpress is great for some things like LED battery lights, food, some furniture, etc. If you are ok with making your own lights...Little House of Lights (little.house.of.lights on IG) has some great videos/tips. 

I've found a ton of interesting sites through Instagram. Following one page, leads to discovering and following another, etc. Also, people post their pics with links to where they've bought stuff, or their Etsy shops. I used to subscrible to miniature magazines (which I still love), but it seems like social media has opened up a whole new world of minis. It's made it easier to find the more "mom and pop" sellers. 

If you are into more "modern" minis, I love Melvin's Miniatures for kits. Also, if you are ok with kits, Arjen Spinhoven has some different pieces. Elf Miniatures is great for appliances (as is MiniFanaberia, but super pricey). MobMini has beautiful, a bit more modern, furniture (and great customer service). If you like the "farmhouse style," Farmhouse Finishes (they're on IG and Etsy) has some cute accessories. JessicaCloeMinis is also "farmhouse style" and she has great prints for floors at reasonable prices (on IG and Etsy). MyMiniatureEmporium has very cute stuff (on IG and Etsy). Tease Miniatures has beautiful kitchens (a little pricey). 

Hope this helps :)

Edited by MiniElle
Typos
  • Like 1

I buy mostly off of Etsy and Ebay.  I can find a lot of unique pieces, and it gives access to a lot of small businesses that may not have their only business websites.  There are also a lot of European sellers who offer very reasonable prices and shipping.  As for buying directly from businesses- Miniatures.com is good for wood strips, trim, etc.  I really like Miniature Crush for a large variety of furniture and accessories.  Melody Janes (out of the UK) also has a large selection.  The key is to comparison shop as different stores can vary wildly on their prices for the same items.

Edited by Khadi

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been on this site in a very long time! lol. I live in Canada and I purchase most of my minis now from Minimum World in England. They have a sale usually every Sunday. They have excellent service, you can get prices in USD, and I have received my orders in 7 days. I used to order from Miniatures.com but they don't seem to ever have that much new, shipping costs are high and can take two to three weeks to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

I find I purchase a lot from Etsy. Very trustworthy sellers and prices can go from low-to high end depending on the quality of course. I do occasionally purchase from sellers on EBay when looking for Bespaq or Bodo Hennig. I have a lot of Etsy sellers if you want to pm me I’ll send you a couple of links.

Hope this is a bit of help. I also use Miniatures.com and EarthnTree, but mostly for building materials and architectural whatnots.

• 11 months later...

I'm a crafter who is retired but love making miniatures " stuff" . I'd like to throw this out there. I work with clay, Wood, acrylic, etc... 

I have so much stuff collected over years but I make as needed. 

Any interest email kmiller238@comcast.net 

Thanks

Miki Miller 

If that's not your business email you might want to hit the three dots at the upper right corner of your post and edit out your email address before some webot or scammer harvests it.