New House!

LeeB

For once, my wife's lapse of memory worked to my advantage. I had a birthday recently and she bought me a Coventry Cottage kit. She apparently picked it up in a craft shop for 40% off. When I opened it, I was excited and said I would start on it as soon as I finished my Glencroft. She had forgotten that I had another house kit waiting in the wings and thought I would be at loose ends as soon as I finished my soon-to-be-completed Quirky Cottage. Otherwise, I don't think she would have bought it, as space to store/display the houses is becoming an issue.

• Like 1

The Coventry Cottage is a real charmer! with the little front porch and its swing.  When the Building Team built and blogged that one I was inspired by my hubs' grandparents' house in Lumpkin, GA, and I screened in that porch:

Coventry Cottage

I then decided to give it to Catherine (standing outside her new house), Grandmother's cook for over 60 years (she told me how to make chicken pie like hers).  This build illustrates why one never wants to use gloss finish paint on a dollhouse.