Coventry Cottage windows

DD840

Hello, I'm wondering what to do - I bought a Coventry Cottage off craigslist so it was assembled and needs some finishing touches before decorating. The woman I bought it off of gave me a box of materials but no windows. The upstairs windows were installed but I need to find ones/make ones for the main floor. Anyone know where I can get some replacement windows? I did some online searching but can't seem to find ones with that pattern. Thanks for any advice!

Deise, are you missing the plastic inserts, or the rest of the wood trim to make the frames? The parts of the frames are included on other plywood sheets and you'd need to buy the whole sheet. I recommend picking up some 1/4" stripwood and cutting your frames to fit your window openings from that. You can use transparency film or flat acetate from blister packaging for the panes.

The plastic inserts are missing. I have a bunch of wood trim in a box and I'm pretty sure the window trim is in there. I was also thinking I could try to find stained glass inserts. However, not all the lower windows are the same size and it might be odd with them all stained glass with different patterned ones on top.

If you can find enough plain flat clear plastic, I have made my own "stained glass" using acrylic paints with a medium to make them transparent like water colors, as well as Gallery Glass. I've also used printies of stained glass windows.