Color Help?

LPCullen

Anybody got any thoughts on coordinating colors for yellow? I had given a friend of mine a Newport to re-hab, and she has given it back to me because she doesn't have the time or the space. I am going to re-do it, and I thought it would be beautiful in yellow. However, I need some coordinating colors, other than white, to go with this yellow. If you look in the blogs under the Arthur that I did, I will be using that same yellow ...

Hi, LP! I too like blue as a color. If you look at my "big house" picture in my photo album under "Our Garden" you can see our yellow house with sage green shutters. The picture doesn't do it justice though, it's really a pretty combination. I see Cat mentioned black, but from my experience (the shutters were black when we moved in) it's too much of a difference, for my taste anyway.

Good Luck! Can't wait to see what you decide! :p

Oops! I forgot that we were having trouble with our blogs and pictures. Here are some links so that you can see the color of yellow that I will be using.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/342402...342402932JaUqxA

http://community.webshots.com/photo/342402...342403091lEPzRK

well LC after seeing the Granville done up in yellow and black I am hooked.

but than I do like the way very dark colors offset lighter ones.

remember my pink unmentionable house(Newberg)?

I know that you will pick wonderfully and I cant wait to see it....a Newport?

Im having a hard time pictureing which house that is.

any photos yet?

nutti :p

Linda: Here is my two cents worth since I painted my Lily yellow, I use minwax Vermont Maple stain on trim and I love the contrast. My real house is yellow with shutters and roof done in a reddish color, :p (brain freeze, can't for the life of me think of correct name of the color). Anyway it is close to the color of my porch roof on the Lily and it's called sierra.

Tried to attach a picture, but got an error saying failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the uploads directory. But you can view the Lily in my webshot album listed below.

Peggi

oh now I like that Peggi!

I used cherry stain for the Arthur.... I remembered to late that I wanted to stain it when I painted it. well thats how nutti's life goes

but I still managed some nice natural wood tones and I do like the look its fab!

yello with wood stain...thumbs up!

nutti :p

Thank you for the kind comments. I was real surprised at how well it has turned out so far. But the top roof is giving me real problems, may have to bash it and start over. :p

Peggi

Hi, Linda, Whenever I start thinking color schemes I go back to the art classes of many years ago (never mind how many!) and begin with the color wheel, where oranges and greens are next to yellow and violet is the complement (directly across the wheel). I tend to use neighboring colors for accents, so I'd go with greens or dark oranges, golds or warm browns.

Thatsaid, it's whatever appeals to your inner eye! :p