Willowcrest and Beacon Hill - which one?

Doog

Hello. I have never built a dollhouse and am looking for a specific look for a project I’m working on. I am interested in the willowcrest however I see it’s out of stock. My second choice is the beacon hill but it looks extremely intense to do for a first time. 

I guess my question is - how often are the willowcrest models restocked? I saw one on eBay for $400-$500, which is out of my budget. I prefer this look of the house but don’t have the money for that. Does this house come back in stock on the website often? Or am I better going with my second choice, beacon hill?

my budget is $250 ish. New to all of this so looking to the community to advise. Again, I wish I wasn’t so picky with the look I’m going for but it’s important that it’s the willowcrest or beacon hill. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you 

• Like 1

The Beacon Hill is your best choice if you want to stay in your price range and begin work on it in the near future.  It may appear intensive, but if you take it one step at a time and reference the blogs of folks who have constructed it, you can do it. Feel free to ask questions here. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Odds are one or more of us faced the same challenge and figured a way to get the job done. :) 

I noticed a lot of houses are out of stock on the site. They usually send out an email if you are on the mailing list when houses are in stock again. You may want to email Greenleaf or call and ask about an ETA for the Willowcrest.

• 11 months later...

I'm almost done with a Willowcrest, my second in 25 years. I found it on E-bay about 5 years ago. I had searched for 6 years to find one I could afford ( $100 shipped). I built my first one for my daughter for her 16th birthday. She got married, divorced and stored everything she owned. Bad ice storm and a tree fell right down the middle of her storage unit and made splinters out of hers. I called Greenleaf years ago and was told the Willowcrest had been discontinued, thus the high prices today. I was lucky to find one NIB from a guy that took one look at it and decided it wasn't for him. It was a VERY popular house. Maybe Greenleaf will bring it back?

Just now, stevescfl said:

I'm almost done with a Willowcrest, my second in 25 years. I found it on E-bay about 5 years ago. I had searched for 6 years to find one I could afford ( $100 shipped). I built my first one for my daughter for her 16th birthday. She got married, divorced and stored everything she owned. Bad ice storm and a tree fell right down the middle of her storage unit and made splinters out of hers. I called Greenleaf years ago and was told the Willowcrest had been discontinued, thus the high prices today. I was lucky to find one NIB from a guy that took one look at it and decided it wasn't for him. It was a VERY popular house. Maybe Greenleaf will bring it back?

1 minute ago, stevescfl said:
On 2/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, Doog said:

Hello. I have never built a dollhouse and am looking for a specific look for a project I’m working on. I am interested in the willowcrest however I see it’s out of stock. My second choice is the beacon hill but it looks extremely intense to do for a first time. 

I guess my question is - how often are the willowcrest models restocked? I saw one on eBay for $400-$500, which is out of my budget. I prefer this look of the house but don’t have the money for that. Does this house come back in stock on the website often? Or am I better going with my second choice, beacon hill?

my budget is $250 ish. New to all of this so looking to the community to advise. Again, I wish I wasn’t so picky with the look I’m going for but it’s important that it’s the willowcrest or beacon hill. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you 

Whilst both houses you mention would be "extremely intense" first builds, there is Gina's/ moreminis' blog to help you, or you  could start with a Buttercup or Sugarplum and work your way through increasingly "intense" builds.