Kits for Expanding the Beacon Hill

sweetlyburied

Hello, I've decided to build a Beacon Hill for my first dollhouse. I know this will have a steep learning curve, but the Beacon Hill is the one that speaks to me the most.

The doll family I've imagined consists of a mother, father and four children (with one set of twins who would share a room, meaning four bedrooms total for all the family members since the mother and father share a room). So, I'd like to add two extra rooms for more space.

I would like to add the Houseworks Conservatory to the right side (when you look at the inside of the house) and add some sort of room on the left side so I can have a little terrace/balcony. I'm bad at explaining so I'll show you a photo, it's not mine and I can't find the source. 

I don't have the skills to build an addition from scratch, nor does anyone else in my life. I would need a kit. Do you think I could add the Junior Conservatory Addition from Real Good Toys without it looking out of place?

Thanks!

8d83dfec14c05ced1c2d96de2cda1fb5.jpg

Hi Olivia! I have always coveted the Beacon Hill so understand your desire to build it. If you take your time, I am sure you will be fine. This blog might help you: https://moreminis.blogspot.com

Gina has blogged the Beacon Hill build so you might find useful tips.

Also, I think you could use the RGT kit - hopefully someone with a Beacon Hill could test the dimensions for you to make sure it would fit. You ould also make your own with foamcore or gatorboard. You would then only need a craft knife, ruler and pencil. Anyway, good luck! Welcome to the forum.

Olivia, why not check out the Greenleaf store to see what kits they offer that you could bash onto the Beacon Hill to make your additions?  (At the top of the page under the logo there's a toolbar, and the second button from the right is "Shop")

4 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Olivia, why not check out the Greenleaf store to see what kits they offer that you could bash onto the Beacon Hill to make your additions?  (At the top of the page under the logo there's a toolbar, and the second button from the right is "Shop")

Oh, I did! I think the Rosedale is most similar, but I'm not sure the heights would match up well enough.

6 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Hi Olivia! I have always coveted the Beacon Hill so understand your desire to build it. If you take your time, I am sure you will be fine. This blog might help you: https://moreminis.blogspot.com

Gina has blogged the Beacon Hill build so you might find useful tips.

Also, I think you could use the RGT kit - hopefully someone with a Beacon Hill could test the dimensions for you to make sure it would fit. You ould also make your own with foamcore or gatorboard. You would then only need a craft knife, ruler and pencil. Anyway, good luck! Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! What a great resource. And yeah, I'll have to seek out someone who can measure the first floor and possibly second floor of the Beacon Hill, the measurements on the Greenleaf website only list the height of the tower (I think).

4 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

This blogger added rooms and a huge basement.....

https://beaconhilldollhouse.blogspot.com/2020/09/around-manor.html

Oh yes, she definitely inspired me!

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

KathieB is building a Beacon Hill.

Well, "building" makes it sound as if there is progress. In truth, the BH is sitting on the work table but the contractor seems to have gone on vacation.

As for ceiling height:

ground floor 10"

middle floor 9"

top floor 8"

Edited by KathieB

44 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Well you WERE building it...

And will again when the contractor comes back. I think he ran off with my muse, so goodness knows when I'll see them again. *sigh*