Introduction... So Happy to Be Here

Carlon

I recently received the Beacon Hill for my Birthday and am really looking forward to starting on this construction journey.  This will be my first dollhouse to build from the ground up.  I just recently completed my first Dollhouse Renovation project.  My mother finally returned to my possession the dollhouse my grandfather built in in 1976.  Needless to say it had seen better days.  This Dollhouse will go to my oldest grand daughter when first I'm ready to give it up again, but primarily when she is of an age to really appreciate the personal value of having a dollhouse that was built by your great grandfather and renovated by your grandmother.  

Since I have two other grand daughters I decided that I needed to build each of them one as well so Beacon Hill here I come.

Welcome Carlon :wave:

I have to say, I can't wait for some grandchildren so I can build them dollhouses.....I will probably end up with all male grandchildren:ermm:.

The Beacon Hill is a great house, but you are bound to get stuck on some parts. There are many great pictures on this site, and people who have built it.

There is also a great blog by a prolific builder that may help. https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-beacon-hill-dollhouse-blog.html

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum, Carlon!

On 8/30/2020 at 1:07 PM, Mid-life madness said:

I have to say, I can't wait for some grandchildren so I can build them dollhouses.....I will probably end up with all male grandchildren:ermm:.

Nothing wrong with that! My sister has a daughter and twin sons. My parents and I built a dollhouse for the girl several years ago (I think she was six and the boys were four) and one of the boys was always enamored with it. He's nine now and for the past few years every time I talk to him he asks me about my dollhouses and says he wants to build dollhouses like mine when he grows up. A couple of years ago my parents built the Old Towne village with the kids (similar to the Greenleaf Village) and he loved it the most out of all of the kids. If I lived closer to them I would have built him his own dollhouse.

• 3 weeks later...