Beacon Hill Shell--don't glue joints?

Blondie

Hello, all. So I'm moving along with the basic shell of the building and I come to this...

B....

3.....Interlock long slot in Right Wall with long slot in Second Floor (2) until tabs on front edge of right wall align with notches in edge of Front Wall/Right. Glue just the section of this joint between the First and Second floor (5), nowhere else!

What do they mean "joint" and "nowhere else"? I just glued the little tiny tab that goes in right where the floors met and moved on. Then I came to this...

8. In the same manner align and glue the Left Wall (9), but don't glue the upper half of the joint with the Front Wall!

Huh?

So basically, I glued the bottom parts of everything together and left the top parts unglued. But this doesn't really make sense to me. What does it mean? :hide:

I haven't done the next step yet, which is to add on the 3rd floor because I feel stuck. I don't know what to glue and not glue. :)

The Glencroft was the first house kit I built that had what to glue & what not to glue in the directions. This is because to assemble other parts of the house you have to have "wiggle" room. This is one reason for reading the instructions over two or three times before starting to remove wood pieces to buiild the kit.

I expect "joint" refers to the spots where the tabs go into the slots. Hopefully someone who has built the BH can explain it more clearly.

Holly is correct. If you glue those parts before the instructions tell you to, you will have some broken parts in the end :hide: Ask me how I know that :)

Don't feel stuck, follow the instructions and you will be just fine :)

I'm OK with leaving parts unglued, I'm just not sure which ones they are talking about. I hope I don't glue the wrong parts...but I suppose I will find out one way or the other!

I will look through the direx tonight and see if I can locate the place where I would be gluing the top parts. It would help if the directions had little arrows on the photographs that said "Don't glue here!" Some of the tab slots are numbered on the diagrams, but not this one. Oh well. Thank you for the advice!

It's actually good that I got stuck though because it gave me time to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, and take out the trash! I might start forgetting to do these things the longer I work on my BH.

It's actually good that I got stuck though because it gave me time to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, and take out the trash! I might start forgetting to do these things the longer I work on my BH.

Not to worry .. the Board of Health folks usually don't do checks in private homes ... :)

Don't ask me how I know that :hide:

the Board of Health folks usually don't do checks in private homes ...

Don't ask me how I know that

As you become more deeply addicted to minis you'll develop a finer sense of priorities and come to realize after dollhouses not much else matters....lol!

switched to paper plates

thats so funny

with just 3 of us home now we rarely use real plates

none of us like to do the dishes.

and we have a new dishwasher. so paper plates are the norm around here.

I know I know we are bad for the enviornment...does it help that they are paper plates and not styrofoam?

the other thing about just 3 living here the place stays pretty much the same with just a few days of unrest when we are busy.

was there a point?

oh yes....we dont do dishes :dunno:

because I build miniatures I breathe! :thumb:

nutti :w00t: