Hurry please help

luvmypoodle

post-17-1162608936_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162608921_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162608905_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162608954_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, I am having a garage sale tomorrow and wanted top try and sale 2 dollhouses (not at garage sale prices of course) just wanted to see what would happen. Any suggestions on a price for the fairfield and willowcrest.

post-17-1162609063_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162609050_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162609035_thumb.jpgpost-17-1162609076_thumb.jpg

here is the willowcrest

I tried to resize them. Sorry but I could not flip the willowcrest ones.

Yep, I know people want to pay squat at a garage sale, (0: just wanted to see what would happen. I didn't sell them, but I knew I probably wouldn't. A few months ago a women sold one here for @ 300.00 but she advertised it. If I knew the person who advertised our neighborhood garage sale I could of asked them to mention the houses, but oh well. I may try ebay or a french market here. I'll sell em one day.

I know how you feel. I wanted to sell my Harrison at one time and tried twice on ebay which was really ridiculous. The cost of shipping it would have been horrendous and I have no idea how I would have packed it. I realized after the second attempt, I'm keeping them all and if someone comes along and asks if they can buy one, then maybe I'll part with it but they'll have to worry about the transporting of it.

You did a FANTASTIC job on both houses. I am sorry you did not sell them but like Andrew said they don't sell at Garage sales. I was advertised on TV when I live in Illinios because my booth had all of these dollhouses. I had the most popular table but only my small stuff sold (Toy people & furniture) but not one dollhouse. I handed out a LOT of flyers and because of those flyers, in a 12 month period I sold 3 houses (For good money) but at the initial garage sell, I did not sell enough to cover the cost of the table.

I do hope these beautiful homes sell for you and you are able to find a owner to love them!!

I had a garage sale over the summer and tried to sell 'Mother Goose's Cottage' and 'Forestgate Cottage'. Ooddles of people were interested, but nobody bought. I also had some of my painted folk art pieces out . . . I sold a few, but people just didn't want to buy. Now, if we were at some fancy smancy craft show, I bet we'd have no problemo!! :thumb: On the upside, I did sell almost everything else I had out there! :lol:

I wish we had a nice place here in Wisconsin where we could sell our arts & craft hobby stuff. I keep thinking about doing something like this in my area but I am just too afraid to dive in and pay the overhead.

So many Mini businesses has closed! When I moved up here 6 years ago, there were 3 dollhouse shops in my immediate area and where I used to live in Illinois, there were 4. All the ones close to me in Wisconsin are closed and there is only one still standing where I used to live at in Illinois :thumb: .

Even at the dollhouse shops, people did not want to pay so much for dollhouses. They would buy the kit and then bring it back to the shop and pay the fukk asking price to have it put together. People don't appreciate the time and energy that goes into something like these houses until they take the kit homw and see for themselves how much time & love and enegy goes into these wonderful houses.

Both of you keep us posted on how well you do! I really hope they go to homes and you get paid a worthy price of your beautiful creations!!

I would try craigslist and do you have christmas baazars in your area? You might try that.

I hate to say this but it also matters on the economy in your area. I live in a city. Not alot of people have the kind of money to throw down for the price of a perfectly beautiful dh. If I have the time and inclination (and the houses) I would try to go to a flea market or baazar in a richer part of my area. There are alot of suburbs in my area where I could PROBABLY sell for the market price. Especially now that christmas and Hanukkah are a-coming...

if we were at some fancy smancy craft show, I bet we'd have no problemo

People who go to garage sales expect to pay next to nothing for other peoples' castoffs and people who go to fancy shmancy craft shows know they're $helling our $heckle$ for OOAK artisan pieces. It's a mindset; I generally set my mind at an upper limit of what I know I can afford to spend.