Thrift Store Haunted House

minime

I picked up a haunted house kit at the local thrift store and am having a blast with it. The grandkids kicked in a little guy to live there. I lowered the upper floor an inch to give a little more space upstairs. I also changed the windows and stairway. I am at a standsill now why I figure out what I am going to do about lights, I have a lot of ideas just haven't gotten to them yet.

Pictures are at

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/555315102DxQJHx

I also have a Beacon Hill kit that I picked up at the end of September but it is missing quite a few pieces. I'm not starting that until I have a bit more practice.

The little guy looks like he may be into major body building. :rudolph: Cute house though. Can't wait to see what you do with it and this from someone who hasn't even taken pictures yet. How do you support the floor? Do you cut new notches and fill in the old ones? :yikes:

No, Teresa, the house will not be haunted. I don't have any idea how it will turn out. My mind keeps changing on what I want to do. We'll see.

The little guy is Tarzan, he is going to get dressed pretty soon. The kids won't let me kick him out.

I didn't cut new slots I just slipped in little tiny nails from the outside and glue. It seems to be sturdy. I had it glued together at the right height first and had to knock it out. I then glued the cut off wall pieces back in on top of the floor. The only hard part was in the area over the porch. I thought about cutting a new dividing wall for upstairs but adding the inch to the bottom was quicker and it also appears to be strong.

I found one too at an antique/flea market mall. It was already put together, but not haunted. I've taken off the roof shingles because I didn't like the way it had been done. I've also pulled up the felt they had used for carpeting and taken off some of the outside trim. I've got an idea for what I'm going to do, but I still need more thinking time. :yikes:

Your house is looking great, what a neat idea to lower the upper floor as to create some more space uptsairs. Hmm....

I have a haunted house in a box and it keeps hollering at me to open it up and turn it into a storytelling house... We'll just have to see what can come out of that though....

Hugs and thanks for sharing!

Looking Good!!!

I love finding the houses at the second places The gar field was one of them It sat under the bed for 2 years before I ventured to put it to gether and found that I has only two walls to work with I did fabracate the walls I was missing I came up 2" biger than what it was to be but it all worked out. I also fount the cantaberry it was all there but the instructions the gals here help me find them and now its my garden shop/bakery I love the collecting older thing and this is the fun of it.Its like a hunt to find the houses no one wanted and give them a loving home.