Ok, OK, I've Posted some Pics!

Charlene

You guys are so sly -- recommending all sorts of things just to get to my pics!

Ok, I've posted two albums on Webshots (photo link below). One is the Prancing Pony progress (alliteration, wow!) and the other is the witch's cottage. Bear with me, most of the photos are from the webcam and aren't as good as I'd like. Tried the stupid digital camera again, but it's locked on video and I can't get to my photos...think I may just go back to 35mm -- at least I know I can get the pictures off!

I will try to do some more, but we're leaving for Mom's on Thursday and we'll be out of town so I'm not sure when I'll have the patience to upload again.

Witchee's cottage was the second house I built, years and years ago and the only one I've ever furnished to any extent. It will get some renovation in the future -- a basement and a lean-to side kitchen -- but I have so many projects in the pipeline that she'll probably need to wait for a year or so.

One fun thing about this house is the front yard. I found some moss that I'd planned to use around houseplants -- ancient and forgotton and completely dried up. Made a spectularly dried up weedy lawn for witchee!

Hugs!

You guys are so sly -- recommending all sorts of things just to get to my pics! 

Tried the stupid digital camera again, but it's locked on video and I can't get to my photos...think I may just go back to 35mm -- at least I know I can get the pictures off!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well of course we are sly! Must have our eyecandy fix, you know!

What kind of digital camera is it Charlene? I hated mine with a passion until I finally learned how to use it (and poor Darrell--of our forum--ended up teaching me a lot about it via email), and now I don't know how I ever lived without it.

I LOVE that bark roof! Great idea! I love the witch, and the wizard. The Witches Cottage is spectacular!

Charlene,

Great pics - Love the Witchee cottage! Complete with ghosts and black cat! LOL what fun!! I started my witch/wizard cottage almost a year ago - sigh - wish it was as cool as yours is :) Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

-David

Charlene, loved your witch's cottage! I especially liked the ghost!

I know what you mean about the digital camera, but you'll get the hang of it the more you use it (hint, hint)! :)

:lol:

Thanks so much for the kind words on my pics -- uploaded some more this am including the Thatched Buttercup which I made for my Mom (depression baby that she was, she never had a dollhouse...believe me, she's making up for it now!)

Hugs

Charlene, I love your conservatory! It's so pretty! :lol:

I also love your thatched cottage! What did you use for the thatching? At some point I'm going to build the Glencroft and I really want a thatched roof for it.

Hi Teresa --

The thatching was from Canadian moss that I got at Michaels...I gathered groups of it (about 1x2 inches) in my hand, sprayed it with spray glue, and then attached it with Ultimate.

BUT, afterward I found a much better method which uses dried grass from the lawn and it's really a very realistic looking thatch when it's done since it includes the tying.

Basically you collect the grass cuttings and lay them out to dry. When you're ready, you glue bunches directly to the house, trim them across much the same as any roofing. When you get to the top 2 rows of the roof, you create a 'tie down' effect with twine. I have a book that describes this step-by-step and I'll be happy to e-mail a photocopy to you when you're ready.

Start saving those grass clippings!