What kind of house is this??

Tams

A friend of mine asked me if I knew what kind of house this is. I had no idea! Was wondering if anyone here might help me out with identifying it? Thanks!

Tams

post-998-1161547293_thumb.jpg

post-998-1161547346.jpg

Your house has common features with other houses I can't identify, so I do think there's a whole undocumented brand out there. I've been tentatively calling them as Walmer or Batrie (both eaten by RGT), largely because they have features similar to both defunct brands (and Walmer's line was dramatically different in the late 1970s from what it was in 2000).

I really need to start figuring out how to track down old catalogs for both.

Thanks for responding shaky and calamari. The walls are about the same thickness as the walls for an orchid. You can see that it is tab and slot assembly and probably a bash of some kit. The outside upper wall still shows the slots and there is nothing to fit into them. The staircase she made herself with jenga blocks, because when she got the house the stairs were missing. The windows are silk-screened, which again leads me to think it is a kit of some kind. The bricks on the outside are a plastic sheet. The "shingles" appear to be made of masking tape. The door doesn't open - neither do any windows. The fireplace showing in the picture was some plastic thing that was very flimsy. She removed that. What appears to be a window on the outer wall of the bigger room upstairs was a framed mirror somebody had put in. She found this house in a back room of an antique store and walked away with it for around 20.00 - I was so jealous when I heard that!! Not sure what other information would be helpful.

Tams

Linda, you may be right. I keep looking for this (I had a picture of this kit in my files). There is an Arrow Kit that is like this and there is one from Skilcraft. I almost think this one is the Skilcraft one but I can't find my file so I can't be 100% sure :) !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do think this was a kit bash, because of slots left in the middle of a wall with no logical way to cover them.

Strange twist of fate - the friend who found this house, after starting to decorate it, gave it to me! It's an awesome house and I really love it. I can add more pictures if it would be helpful.

Here is a link to my yahoo album with lots of pictures of this house. There are pictures of her progress as she decorated it. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, although I have changed the furniture in the living room because it worked better in my Orchid than the furniture I had bought! It definately needs work, though!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tamsajesusfr...m?.dir=/4cdare2

If you want more pictures, let me know and I'll take some this weekend.

It looks great!! I can't help with finding a name for it since I'm so new at this myself, but thanks for sharing the pictures. I was wondering if there is any place to see the older names of dollhouse kits that were once out there (even just the retired Greenleafs). Does anyone know of such a place?

Carrie - I haven't been able to find all of them in one place. I have found different pictures of kits that I have put into different albums in my yahoo albums. I sure don't have a lot, but I do have quite a few.

Holly - thank you, but I really can't take credit. This house was given to me this way. I do love the organ and I have the Chrysbon wood stove kit in another of my houses. I love those kits!

older names of dollhouse kits that were once out there (even just the retired Greenleafs). Does anyone know of such a place?

Tracy has posted pictures of all the discontinued Greenleaf kits, but I don't remember where. ("They" say that at my age the memory's the second thing to go...)