1" patio table with umbrella?

Charlene

Well, bro loved his sportsbar. He decided that he needs a rooftop garden on it -- an idea I tossed 'cause they have cats, but nothing will do but that he has this (roof gets 'full sun' y'know). He's looking for a 1" patio table with an umbrella, which seems to be non-existent. Has anybody seen one anywhere? They're available in 1/4" and smaller but I've not found one in 1:12.

That being said, I guess I could make one -- I have a little patio set that has a round table and all it would need would be the 'brella. Has anyone made one? I'm thinking a thin metal post and ribs and tiny striped fabric.

Suggestions?

Hi Charlene-

I use to have a great catalog that had everything without it costing too much. If I find it I'll tell you the info. Between my marriage and move and getting settled, I can't find it. The good news is that I'm in the process of organizing and setting up my craft room finally. We moved the guest room furniture out of it. :D

Anyway, in the mean time I found this http://www.dollhouseminiatures.com/furniture/porchswings.htm they are a bit expensive. Good luck!!

Carrie

Edit: I found the website for the catalog and they have a much cheaper table!! Dollhouse Emporium

Hope it helps.

Hi Charlene,

You could try using one of the Jumbo sized coctail umbrellas. I've used the regular size - they can be a pain to work with - I've seen the jumbo's but haven't tried working with one - I think it might be big enough... but not quite sure - it could still be just a bit too small for a good patio umbrella. Anyway it was a thought.

-David :D

When you remove the paper from the jumbo cocktail umbrella you can study how it's made and possibly add onto the "ribs" with bits of toothpick and replace the handle with a longer piece cut from a dowel. Or you could leave the paper on and just cover it with a larger circle cut from a small-print piece of contact vinyl.

When you remove the paper from the jumbo cocktail umbrella you can study how it's made and possibly add onto the "ribs" with bits of toothpick and replace the handle with a longer piece cut from a dowel. Or you could leave the paper on and just cover it with a larger circle cut from a small-print piece of contact vinyl.

The jumbo's I got came on a really long pick I'm thinking it was close to 10" I didn't measure it but I remember thinking even for a patio umbrella I'd have to cut it down. I don't know what issue magazine had instructions but I know for the parasols I made with the regular sized coctail umbrellas I peeled the paper off (carefully) and used tacky glue to glue down a circle of fabric (with a small hole cut in the center for the umbrella tip to go through) Except for removing the paper (which was a pain) the rest was pretty easy.

Not sure if any of that is helpful at all

-David

Y'all are ALWAYS helpful!!! Thing about the paper umbrellas is that if I check out how they're made, I probably can recreate them, right? It can't be that hard -- plus this one only has to stay in an upright position, so that's even easier. I'm going to keep checking for one to buy that he might like (Christmas is coming after all) but in a pinch I'll use the the 'parasols' as a model.

Like the idea of just covering it with contact (thanks, Holly) -- I'll give a look in the various party stores and see if I can find the large ones. I'm not adverse to cutting things down to size :(

Everyone has the same Idea I was going to give you. But I like your pumkin pic is that an avatar I was trying to find the silly squirel from ice age for my avatar. I am new can you teach me how to fine more pic to put beside my name.I thougt to myself it is neat that a guy is building houses too. My sister and her boyfriend built a miniature church together.

:wave: Good luck on your cotail umbrela for your patio.

sher

:( P.S.sorry for the name mix up I quess it was still to early in the morning for my reply.