Dollhouse chandelier assembly tutorials or DIYs

MLI Designs

I went berserk and got great bunches of those things to dress steampunk hats:

steampunk1.jpg

I would think that, uncut, some of those with the holes around the spokes would make a great foundation for a chandelier.

• Like 2

I found excellent tutorials using traditional brass and heat shrink tubing at “Jennifer’s Miniatures” on Facebook.

Scroll through all the postings and pics for tons of other great tutorials

• 5 months later...

The chandeliers here are spectacular! I've made some by using brass wire, led lights and glueing various crystal beads to them. The results have been varied - they light up, sparkle but are not nearly as tidy as those in these photos. One problem has been controlling the glue (I am so new at this I was using a toothpick - I think I need a syringe) and I am adapting jewelry findings rather than using brass tubing or trying shrink tubing painted gold. I would love hints for working with LED lights powered by battery. I use the ones from Evans Designs because they are great for my cigar box projects, can be adapted for battery or wall plug use and can even use a remote with a dimmer. There is a timer, too but I have not figured out how to use that yet. I'm sending a pic but, frankly, am a bit embarrassed at how sloppy my work is compared to the work here. I'd like to improve and suggestions are most welcome! It has been a humbling experience.

IMG_2031.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi again. This is the type of chandelier I was trying to create. 

.Mine are much simpler. I ran into all sorts of newbie stumbles - from not knowing what type of glue to use to not having a proper glue applicator to being terribly clumsy at forming the wire - but the method seems promising. Has anyone else tried this? Is it sophisticated enough to satisfy the level of work desired by tastes here? Could this type of chandelier be adapted to create ones suitable for the level of work represented on this site?