Bee in My bonnet - does this exist in mini? Plastic corrugated roofin, white transparent

Anna

Ok, so you know me by now, right ?!? I have this Idea, or notion, or might even be a hint of obsession to it, but I were wondering if there is something around that simulates corrugated plastic roofing material in the "milky-white" version? I know how to make it metal roofing, but I am wanting the half-see-throughish for a future greenhouse/gazebo build and for plotting benches, and, well I just want it in general LOL

could be the version below, could be the "double" layers one too, just the shape and see-throughisness is necessery...

large.image.jpg.a915a2532deee2ed9cb0d24a

14 minutes ago, mikeuk said:

The link is to the 4d modelshop in England Anna and this takes you to the section on corrugated modelling materials including metals.

I've used these people for a number of years.......They certainly have the best modelling range of any supplier in England.......and they do ship!

http://modelshop.co.uk/Shop?searchText=corrugated%20sheet

Ohhh, and am off to gawk, thank you Mike!

Mike gave you a wonderful link, but I thought I would mention something that would be a great help to recreate something like that in cardstock, in case anyone else finds it helpful.

I make greeting cards and mini albums, as well as miniatures, and I have a scoring board for them.

de336a69-1e38-4b77-ab2f-9950b08a4c79.jpg

It's got little valleys every 1/8" that you run a bone folder down to score your lightweight materials, and make it easy to fold them into ridges and valleys.

• Like 1

These are both good ideas. Mike, that's a great site, thanks for the link. Kathi, I've been looking for a scoring board. Thanks for the image of yours, now I know Martha has them. :) 

• Like 1

Feel a need for a sporting board just because ;) I can see multipel mini used for that to... Hmm, will ask the lady at the local scrapbook store if she can get hold of one of those for me. Thank you!

• Like 1

Have you heard of vellum? I used it in scrapbooking a lot. I think it comes in different weights like cardstock maybe. If you could Find a heavy weight vellum and used the score board that might work. Or I wonder if one of those pleating boards for curtains would work? The ridges would be deeper, I think.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016‎ ‎2‎:‎45‎:‎18‎, Anna said:

Ok, so you know me by now, right ?!? I have this Idea, or notion, or might even be a hint of obsession to it, but I were wondering if there is something around that simulates corrugated plastic roofing material in the "milky-white" version? I know how to make it metal roofing, but I am wanting the half-see-throughish for a future greenhouse/gazebo build and for plotting benches, and, well I just want it in general LOL

could be the version below, could be the "double" layers one too, just the shape and see-throughisness is necessery...

large.image.jpg.a915a2532deee2ed9cb0d24a

Well, Anna, you know what I use for my corrugated metal roofs!  I dampen and peel one flat layer off of corrugated cardboard:

large.56d775116af06_comeonin.jpg.d341ead

29 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Well, Anna, you know what I use for my corrugated metal roofs!  I dampen and peel one flat layer off of corrugated cardboard:

large.56d775116af06_comeonin.jpg.d341ead

Indeed, and that tip will be used for another build I have in mind, but it is for the bus and lean on greenhouse I want to do this.

hugs