Should I add snow?

Brenb

I was thinking of adding snow to my Christmas Orchid House. I have the craft paint snow "DecoArt Snow-Tex" I think it would look cool, but do you recommend adding snow to the house? Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the help I can get.

post-975-1161460233.gif

yes add snow!

dont forget to build it up in the window sills

also you can give the windows a frosty look by

dabbing the glitter craft paint on the windows.

I love snow and winter houses.

looking forward to seeing what you do

nutti :wave:

I'd try the paint out on something you can remove incase you don't like the look of it. Realistic snow is difficult to achieve in scale, good luck, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I would add snow, would love to have snow on Cobweb Cottage (Glencroft), but as the garden is perputaully summer (orchids, tulips, poppies, daisies on the grass) and there are now roses around the front door, and window boxes overflowing with blooms, i don't think it would work out, i may still plock santas sleigh on the roof though !! :wave:

Hi Brenda,

When I did my Santa House I really wanted snow! But I wasn't sure which product would give the best look or if I'd like it once it was on... so I settled for a sort of cheat - I bought the bagged snow bits and shook them on the house heheh - this way I can always brush them off if I want to put the house in storage and I don't have to worry about if the snow will discolor with age :wave: .. of course it also doesn't really stick to the house it just sits there but I like it :wave:

-David

I did a Primrose with snow for the landscaping and the roof. There's a tutorial for it here if you're interested in that technique. I think it's all a matter of what kind of snowy look you're going for.........the light drifting or the swiss alps "oh my gosh, we need a St Bernard" look. :wave:

Deb

Whether or not to add snow is like so many other things, it's a matter of personal taste, and therefore not a matter of "should". Go for it and if you like it, say "Here's what I did!" and show off pictures; and if you don't like it, scrape it off & no one need ever know.