My very own Lawbre French Country Manor!!!

miniaddicted

On the Lawbre windows I have you can't see it when the glass is in place but if you push up (towards top of window) the glass will come very easily through a tiny slit.  If that doesn't work you might want to email Teri at Lawbre  maybe they construct different styles different ways - but that would seem odd.

Hope someone didn't paint over the slit it is a very very thin opening but as I said the 0.40 micro glass slides easily. 

Valerie - this was my next idea - emailing Lawbre. I tried what you suggested...i was gingerly working it..got the very top wood strip off. But each pane (left and right) has a small strip of wood over the glass. So it seems to me, that there are 4 panes of glass here...and unless I take the entire window apart, I'm looking at blue tape as Sable suggested. But if you look closely, the notches for the mullions expose glass, so there will be no way to tape that very tiny notch at every notch. :(  

I'll be emailing or calling, I found that I'm missing the tall chimney bases, not the tops that attach to it. Other than that, the entire set of trimmings seem to be included...exterior window frames, quoins, paving blocks for the front patio, etc. I also have the original instructions, which are pretty bare-bones as far as I'm concerned. They talk about sponging the exterior finish, but not in great detail so that I'll have to wing, adding colors to tone it down. According to what I've been able to glean, this seller acquired it from an estate sale. The instructions include the original order # and date - goes back to 1992! 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎23‎:‎14‎, miniaddicted said:

Debora - I have been watching your scratch built French Chateau and salivating!  I may have to steal some of your ideas!  I am reminded of not only the windows you got, but of the various moldings and architectural items you got from Lawbre. I've now begun making a mental list of what I still have that is Lawbre. I do have some slate tile, and I think I have some white or red tile, I have some appliques...

On another related note, was searching Lawbre here...and found th posting of the Lawbre that I got outbid on - it was Deanna from Thiensville - Mini-tiques. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=338#comment-3625  

Thank you, LOL  I am no longer looking for more houses, just to finish the ones I have. plenty to work with here, am all consumed with my 1/6 scale scratch build. I am re reading this thread to find out what problem you are having with your Lawbre windows, I am very familiar with then since I bought 21 tall country windows for my French Chateau.

You are right the glass is not removable unless you take the window apart, I had one fall and break apart, so I know how to put them back together. I personally did not prefer to paint the window only the large frame surrounding them.

1 hour ago, Debora59 said:

I personally did not prefer to paint the window only the large frame surrounding them.

So I'm confused. Did you just put varnish on them? I only saw one picture with white windows in your album. Ah...ok i see one where the exterior frame is white, and the window itself is unpainted. 

In my case, the previous owner had started painting them, so there are a few already started. So I'm either going to paint all, or purchase new for the windows and doors already painted. :(

4 minutes ago, miniaddicted said:

So I'm confused. Did you just put varnish on them? I only saw one picture with white windows in your album. Ah...ok i see one where the exterior frame is white, and the window itself is unpainted. 

In my case, the previous owner had started painting them, so there are a few already started. So I'm either going to paint all, or purchase new for the windows and doors already painted. :(

That's probably what caused the person to cease work on the project, I don't know what to say except if I was going to do it I might try to cut sticky squares to cover the glass that you could peel off later?

2 hours ago, Debora59 said:

That's probably what caused the person to cease work on the project

Ha! Very possible.

I called Lawbre and she did say what you all have said, put tape or a card template on the glass, but that it would scrape off easily with a razor blade. I certainly have my work cut out for me on this house! 

1 hour ago, Sable said:

flat toothpick or tiny piece of wood in each exposed slot

That just might work - I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks all for your tips!