New from Ontario

madeline

Hello everyone. I am new to this group but have been involved in making roomboxes and scenes in miniature for 4 years or so.

I am always looking to learn new things and happy to share any knowledge I might have hidden away in my head.

Welcome to the forum. I am only working on my first house and it is very slow going. The members of this forum are so helpful and you will enjoy being a part of this group. What kind of miniature scenes did you create?

:D to the forum Madeline! You will find lots and lots of helpfull people around here as well as loads of tips nad hints and ideas so I know you will be in for a good time ;)

And I am with Holly, andy pics somewhere???? I think we are all a bunch of "eye-candy-o-holics" around here..... :banana:

Mini-hugs

I like to make 'scenes' in unexpected places. For instance, when we installed our new kitchen cabinets, there was a dead space at the end of the drawers. When my husband got home from work he discovered 4 windows and a door coveered with plexiglass cut into the cabinet.

I can get at the roomboxes thru a locked door and it contains a kitchen, living room, bedroom and ensuite.

I control the lighting with a hidden switch behind the coffee maker. Its the first place my grandkids and nieves and nephew run to when visiting. I change it for the holidays etc.

Recently I've cut a 5 foot high, 25 inch wide hole in the bathroom wall where I'm workiing on a 'mini mall'

htt://community.webshots.com/user/jadler432

Thanks for the warm welcome

Oh Madeline, this really sounds intruiging and very creative! Hmmm, wonder how hubby would think about such a solution???? Hehe... :banana:

Hugs and thanks for the idea!

Welcome to the neighborhood!!! I saw your webshots about 1 week ago. I was looking for disney stuff and saw your Disney Home. I LOVE the stairs so much. My little girls got some ideas for there room by looking at your pictures!!

Hi Madeline and Welcome

That sounds great, I wouldn't have thought of that!!! It gives me ideas though. We live in an old french house that has a large stone chimney place in the kitchen with a little cubbyhole that was part of the old bread oven, I think it would make an excellent place for a roombox. Hopefully hubby won't notice it either as he thinks I have enough dollshouses already (can you ever have enough??????????) Keep up the good work and look forward to hearing about your latest projects. :wave:

I like to make 'scenes' in unexpected places. For instance, when we installed our new kitchen cabinets, there was a dead space at the end of the drawers. When my husband got home from work he discovered 4 windows and a door coveered with plexiglass cut into the cabinet.

I Recently I've cut a 5 foot high, 25 inch wide hole in the bathroom wall where I'm workiing on a 'mini mall'

htt://community.webshots.com/user/jadler432

Thanks for the warm welcome

Madeleline -

Love to see photos ... I'll check out your webshots albums.

By the sounds of it, you're definitely a mini-addict!! Welcome and look forward to chatting with you.

-Susanne