Opinions needed

Brenb

I found a partially-built Storybook Cottage in a thrift shop that I'm thinking of hacking out the unusable second floor and bash it with a new one into a 1:24 scale Santa house (I very much like the Gingerbread idea, though, if I can get the trim to pop off neatly).

I think the Buttercup and Sugarplum would both make nice "gingerbread" houses with polyclay candies. The Aster would make a nice Santas cottage. I think an Orchid would do well with a christmas theme, as well.

I agree! The Aster would be perfect for a Santa theme. The Buttercup would be ideal for a gingerbread home. I also think that the Primrose could be fairly easily converted into a stable for a nativity scene. Sounds like fun! :wave:

I agree! The Aster would be perfect for a Santa theme. The Buttercup would be ideal for a gingerbread home. I also think that the Primrose could be fairly easily converted into a stable for a nativity scene. Sounds like fun! :wave:

Well I am teensy bit partial to the Aster LOL as I ma currently working with that one making it into a Santa's cottage and like the result so far.... It all depends on what Christmassy look you are wanting to create.

Hugs

Hi Brenda,

I think any house you choose will be great! I know you wanted something a bit less broad but I've seen tiny houses and huge house made in christmas themes - they both work great. I turned a Tiffani into a Santa's Cottage - I love that house :D I took out the stairs, put in a fireplace, lighted Christmas Tree, rocking chair for Santa and a pole for the elves that goes up to the second floor toy making room :) It was nice being that size because I was able to get it done start to finish in a month and have it for the Holidays - I've also seen a huge house I think it was Harrison turned into a huge Christmas store - It was truly awesome. tables of stuffed animals, Decorated tree's all through out, sleds, garland hanging from the rafters - it was really beautiful! To call it a Christmas Store doesn't do it justice - looking at it was like being a kid in a candy shop though it had Everything! It was litterally filled to the rafters with all things Glittery, fun and Christmasy. But a place that size would take a lot longer to complete. I think the house you pick should reflect what you want to achieve with it. Check out the Anything Goes Winter Contest for last year to see some ideas of houses done in Christmasy themes:

Winter Contest last year

There are 3 pictures of each house or scene so you can see multiple angles

Good luck and have fun with what ever house you pick

-David :)

Thank You ShakyShaky , I love your Tiffany and Glencroft wow they are great. David your Tiffany is great and I loved all of last years Winter Contest projects, The Asters are really cool too. Thanks you all for giving me your opinions, I appreciate you all taking your time and helping me. I had fallen in love with the Orchid, and guess what hubby brought me home today, I now own a Orchid in the box, lol. I am so excited and happy dancing.

David beat me to what I was gonna add. Get whatever house you like. If it's a travel trailer, great, Santa is taking his show on the road, or if it's a Garfield, that's great too. I could see that done Christmassy. Workshop here, break room there. That kinda thing.