Another unidentifyed house...

minikelli

Hi guys! Came across another big house that spoke to me as soon as I saw it on Craigslist. Townhouse styling to it, but looking at some of the walls... wondering if someone may recognize if it was built from plans? I don't get to actually pick it up for another two weeks -- but am counting the days til it's in my hands to be remade into something even better! 

front view.jpg

side open.jpg

side view.jpg

Also, only history the current owners of this property have of it, is that they purchased it almost 15 years ago at an estate sale, with the intention of rehabbing it as well. They just never got around to it, and are hoping that in selling it -- it may have a new life again.  :)

I feel like I have seen this before or at least something very, very similar. Now I'll spend half the night wracking my poor stupid head for the connection. Don't you hate it when you can't remember something? grrr  ....

Great find, btw. Wish i could find a nice brownstone walk up style. 

• Like 1

It reminded me somewhat of the Majestic Mansion style houses with the way both sides open up... but in the same breath with the way some of the walls are cut for the stairs(first floor) really made me think it was probably something made from plans. I do know I've looked through the miniatures catalog from 1980, and have yet to find it...

Melissa, that makes two of us -- and I love the fact that both sides open up... Would just love to know if it was from plans or at least a bit more about the history of it, b/c it does strike me as so unique! Bright side, the current owners said they also have a box of finishing supplies like trim, wallpaper, and various miniatures that came with it in the estate sale. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky and find some more clues amidst that...

I am wondering if it could be this house.  I found it in my 5th Edition of The Miniature Catalog on page 60.  It's called The New Yorker Brownstone by Miniatures by Marty.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=114483

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=view&id=114482&browse=1

• Like 1

I am wondering if it could be this house.  I found it in my 5th Edition of The Miniature Catalog on page 60.  It's called The New Yorker Brownstone by Miniatures by Marty.

Wow! I think you are right. What a fabulous house. About what year was this ad? I'm not up on the catalog numbers. 

I found another house similar to this one, also. It's called the San Francisco Victorian and it was made by Superlative Dollhouses. This house is 33.5" H x 15" W x 21" D. I'd measure your house and see which one you have. I would bet it's the house Matt found, though. The one I'm looking at is reversed (although they say the left side opens up), the windows are different and it has a porch above the front steps. And at 15" wide, I doubt that it's more than 1 room deep.

The address I have for Miniatures by Marty is 12 Campus Dr., Setauket, NY  11733. The catalog I'm taking this out of is the Miniature Catalog 6th edition from 1983. Is this the address you have, Matt?

I looked up that address and it was listed as a nurse practitioners place now having changed hands last in 2001. I'd guess Marty isn't there any more. 

Btw, my thanks Matt -- because I don't have that issue! Does it give any indication where Miniatures by Marty was located out of?

I found another house similar to this one, also. It's called the San Francisco Victorian and it was made by Superlative Dollhouses. This house is 33.5" H x 15" W x 21" D. I'd measure your house and see which one you have. I would bet it's the house Matt found, though. The one I'm looking at is reversed (although they say the left side opens up), the windows are different and it has a porch above the front steps. And at 15" wide, I doubt that it's more than 1 room deep.

The address I have for Miniatures by Marty is 12 Campus Dr., Setauket, NY  11733. The catalog I'm taking this out of is the Miniature Catalog 6th edition from 1983. Is this the address you have, Matt?

I looked up that address and it was listed as a nurse practitioners place now having changed hands last in 2001. I'd guess Marty isn't there any more. 

Same Address!  And yes, I am sure they are out of business :-(

The show calendar in the catalog is for 82 - 83, so . . . . 

Man, I wish I had all these cool catalogs you guys have to look stuff up. Bet they are pricey little books these days.

I lost my original years ago, but found it on eBay for $10 a few months ago.  I just checked, and there is one now for $9 free shipping - 11th edition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Miniatures-Catalog-11th-edition-1987-Dollhouse-Doll-House-Kalmbach-/381442127636?hash=item58cfb8f714:g:4CsAAOSwl9BWGntn

3rd Edtion - $5.99. $2.36 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-Book-The-Miniatures-Catalog-Third-Edition-/401007261241?hash=item5d5de53639:g:bJAAAOSwpDdU5hcG

Edited by madtex1967