Obvious advice from an apparent dummy

Selkie

Just in case anyone was wondering .....

After learning the hard way this weekend, I strongly advise that no one attempt to rapidly dry peach pits in the microwave for their child's seed collection science project. 

Bottom line, they explode after about 12 seconds, depositing their innards all over creation and dent the interior of the microwave. 

'nuff said as I walk away with head hanging .... deep sigh ....

Oh, well ... live and learn, eh? Maybe overnight in a low conventional oven would work? Or microwave on low power? I see a lot of opportunity for research here, but maybe not in time to meet the seed collection deadline?

Deadline is tomorrow morning thus the rush for quick dry.

Sadly, Twinkle had warned me that it was a bad idea and it might explode but did I, the adult, listen to the wiser child?  No, duh!!

The project is Wisteria's, btw. 

Thanks for not laughing me out of the place or calling me names. It scared the socks off me.

If it makes you feel better, our microwave is stuffed as a result of me putting too many wrong things in it (largely miniatures, often containing metal). Some have even caught fire! At a guess, a peach stone wouldn't explode in it as it's just not powerful enough anymore! Ooops....

At least you achieved what you wanted to achieve - it's dry. You could glue the halves together.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for passing on the tip and I am glad things end well.

When I was in high school 20 years ago, I wanted to dilute my purple ink blocks quickly. I put the  blocks in water in a sealed container. 

Same result as yours, it exploded but no dent.  

We had a purple microwave for a long time.