Half scale Arthur knock off

Ivy

Hi everyone!

I finally built my first dollhouse, as a present for my darling little 3 year old. Knowing that it might soon be destroyed, I chose the cheapest and simplest design I could find, ArtMinds' Dollhouse with Veranda and the furniture kit they sell (MIchael's, with discounts, little over $10 for both). We chose the colors together, she helped me assemble the furniture and paint some of it.

It took me about 4 evenings to build the house, mostly because I wanted to sand each piece so they fit together perfectly (as much as possible, of course). I painted it before assembly and did few touch-ups afterwards. I skipped the shingles, wall paper and flooring, just painted the whole thing. She's too young to care; she just likes the funny colors and the fact that her little doll fits inside.

I got the Fantasy Villa, too; I'm building that one for myself :D You are never too old for a dollhouse, right?

post-62788-0-19530500-1413773311_thumb.j

post-62788-0-82851000-1413773315_thumb.j

post-62788-0-54714400-1413773317_thumb.j

post-62788-0-52151800-1413773319_thumb.j

• Like 4

What a cute little house - and welcome to the forum :welcome: I'm sure your little girl will enjoy playing with her new house - and she now has a taste for dollhouses! While she's busy you can build your own.

• Like 1

No, you are never - I'll repeat NEVER - too old for a dollhouse. (I know you are never supposed to say never, but there is an exception to every rule.) And as you proved, you ar never too young for one either.

With a young child, you need to be practical, and your gift to your small daughter is perfect. I would have loved it as a kid. - Wait a minute - I would love it as an adult as well. I hope we get to see Mommy's house next!

• Like 1

Welcome, and congrats on your first build. We have several of those houses and the kiddos love to build and decorate them. There used to be quite a number of models. Haven't seen as many of late.

The Villa is tricky to decorate after building so be sure you do as much as possible a head of time.

Oh Holly, you mean we have to save the RL furnishings and not just fill up the entire house with minis?

• Like 1

Ooo, thanks, guys! You are all so very sweet and encouraging!

I'm taking my time with the other puzzle, it's been dry-fitted for a while now... I want the Fantasy Villa and the Gothic House puzzles on my mantel, they're just the right size for it. :) I'll make sure I post pictures when it's done!