The Madison as a craftsman bungalow?

mellifera

Am I crazy for thinking that I could bash the gl Madison into a craftsman bungalow? As my first build? :ohmy: I love arts and crafts/mission style, and since I couldn't have a nice bungalow irl, I'd like to have my dream home in miniature. :ohyeah: I was thinking that I could change up the porch roof to make it peaked, swap the spindley porch details for thick blocky pillars, add eaves brackets, bump up the roof a couple of inches to make it 1 1/2 stories...is it doable?

Ooh, the Coventry Cottage is cute. That may have to be a future project. I don't actually have a Madison yet, and it looks like my planned project will be taking a detour--I couldn't resist buying the Orchid tonight at Hobby Lobby. :D Maybe I'll have to start a new thread in the Corona area.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes!! I can absolutely see it, and I don't think it would be that difficult.

I've been reading up on the Madison myself; I have my eye on it for my next project, a waterfront beach cottage inspired by childhood summers at the South Jersey shore. Summer living in a house on the "bayside" centers on the backyard, so my Madison's "front" will actually be the back of the house, complete with a pebble yard, outdoor shower and small dock.

FYI, I found some great build pictures for the Madison in the Gallery at http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=69918 . They show the house with the roof bumped up so that it's a real two story!

If you can find this Duracraft house, it makes a great Arts and Crafts bungalow because of the deep porch. I've seen one that was made into a bungalow and it was incredible. I'm sorry, 've forgotten the name and I don't have time to look it up right now, but I will post it tomorrow.

post-2875-0-33668600-1392698957_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I had a chance to get one awhile back,in a nearby secondhand store,but just didn't like the price for the condition-now I wish I had 'haggled' with them,as it is so awesome in person,even in a pretty dilapidated state! Someone else did get it though...oh,well!

• Like 1